4.21.2008

JE PERSÉVÉRERAI JUSQU'À LA FIN

39 weeks, 6 days - Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Tomorrow is my due date. So since that means I'll be having the baby then, I figured I better post this today.

Just kidding. If only it were that easy.

I was born on my due date. The story goes that on the day I was born my dad called the doctor to tell him that my mom was in labor. He said, "How do you know she's in labor?" My dad, a first time parent, responded, "Because it's her due date." The doctor scoffed, but came over anyway. I was born just hours later.

If we have another child, I am going to add a week to my real due date. My life has turned into one big caveat: "Sure I can, unless I have the baby." Which is a ridiculous statement because, duh, no one stays pregnant forever. I know there is a very good chance this baby is coming sometime in the next few weeks, so why do I feel the need to end every sentence with, "... unless I have the baby"? I hate being unable to make any real commitments. I hate that my gut hangs out of almost every t-shirt I or Erik own. I hate feeling guilty for being too tired to take care of Luke the way I would like.

This leads to my next confession - I am ready for this to end, i.e., get this baby out of me. So what if my floor needs to be mopped and we still don't have a name picked out? I know that after he is born, I will probably have sore nipples and be even more tired than I am right now, but oh well. When is anyone really ready for a baby to come? Will the baby care if my baseboards are filthy? I highly doubt it. I'm not to the point of trying old wives tales to induce labor, but that will probably start next week.

Things that bring me hope right now: Pioneer women having babies on the trail. The fact that I have done this before. The idea that people are coming to help after the baby comes.

I also thank God that I don't have that awful doctor in Bakersfield anymore.

Here's one last picture - this is the only thing that feels good right now - the yoga ball.


By the way, in case you are wondering, I do use it just like this -

15 comments:

  1. I was all excited for some drama when you made "that horrible doctor in Bakersfield" a link, but you didn't actually link to the doctor's website. Disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as the birthing tub is filled, what else do you need? I hear Candace is coming up. make her clean your baseboards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been pregnant, so I can't say I know how you feel, but you sure look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a pretty pregnant momma! I don't think you have fat face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one cute pregnant mama!!! Good Luck- who knows, maybe this kid will be like you and come on his due date!! Oh, and Spencer, Madi, and I will be in Camarillo all summer!! We're going to have to hang out! I'm excited to meet your little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, you do look awesome! Where are you gonna put the tub when you're in labor? In your room or the main room? Outside so you can hear the birds and be one with nature and so your neighbors can look over their fences and watch? :) haha, just kidding- Please tape it!! I really wish you would, it would be so cool! And, what are you gonna do with Luke. just let him hang out? I obviously have a lot of burning questions...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trine - You are cracking me up! The tub is going in my bedroom, next to the bed, so I can deliver either place without having to walk across the house to my bed. I actually know someone who couldn't fill up her tub in time and had her baby outside in her backyard in her jacuzzi. Luke is going to a friend's house while I have the baby. And no, I'm not taping it! Mostly because I know I'm going to make a lot of embarassing noises that I don't want to watch again. Who do you think I am, Ditte with her silent births?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard of another new name you might like--

    Finn.

    Finn Lassen. I don't know if it's scandinavian or just viking, but it sounded like something you and Erik might maybe like.

    Almost as good as Svenn Erikson Lassen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck, Cristin! I am interested to hear how it goes. I stayed home in my bathtub during my contractions until I couldn't stand it anymore. You look great! Can't wait to see pictures and hear his name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited to see pictures of your new baby soon! Courtney had her little girl, so it looks like you're next out of the pregnant women on my blog list :) Your hair looks way cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! You seriously have the perfect "basketball tummy"....skinny everywhere else with a perfect round ball in the middle. Hope you get the tub filled in time. Just start filling when you get your first contractions....seconds do come a lot faster!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy due date!! You look great! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call me. Seriously. I know you have a great support group, but please include me in it. My # is 750-1525. I even do floors and baseboards for fellow Office fans. Just don't miss a new episode cause your having a baby. Gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since you're doing this at home, you can blog about it in real time, right? I expect to read a post that says something like, "Dilated to seven; Erik just gave me a sip of water; contraction starting ... ended. Lasted thirty seconds and didn't even approach the 'delor fuerte' range."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Je t'aime! Je serai en France pendant trois semaines, alors bonne chance avec le bebe!!!!!!! Tu es tres mignonne dans la photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It reminds me just how annoying the basketball can be! And the ball, yes so nice. I even used it for meals at the table!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails