4.06.2008

HEY, WATCH IT! OW!

There are these rare times that I think Luke understands the whole pregnancy thing. For example, at my midwife's appointment last week, he lifted up my shirt, took the tape measure out of her bag and started wrapping it around me. He said "Baby's heart!" when we listed to the heartbeat. It was really cute.


Then there was today, which is like the majority of time, when Luke treats the big belly like a big ball. I took this picture tonight after dinner. This is him HITTING my belly. Hard. He also tries to sit on my belly like it's a chair. Tonight he threw a fit because he wanted to sit on my belly as I played the piano. I am still in pain just thinking about it. OW.

More proof that he doesn't get it - tonight I asked him where the baby was and he tried lifting up Erik's shirt. Then he lifted up his own shirt. Silly Luke, men can't have babies!

Luke thinking men can have babies reminds me of Oprah. I can't stand Oprah. I've always been irritated by her show, but it's hit new levels recently. I rarely watch it for many reasons, mostly because her comments are so ridiculous and her studio audience never disagrees with her. However, for some strange reason I turned it on this week and saw the show about the pregnant "man." I could only handle about 15 minutes before I had to turn it off. Of course the whole time Oprah was raving about how this is "so fabulous" and how they will be "wonderful parents." Did anyone else catch this? Was I the only one disturbed by the whole situation?

14 comments:

  1. I love little kids with babies (or soon to be babies).

    And I did not get to watch Oprah (work gets in the way of so many things), but I don't know that I would have. I heard about it and watched the preview online and that was about all I could handle.

    It's just...wrong on so many levels. I'm about over Oprah and her "gospel".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch Oprah either, but wasn't the guy born with both male and female parts? That is what I heard, and if thats true... than what is so wrong with him/her carrying the baby? God gave him/her a uterus. I heard they were only doing it because his wife couldn't get pregnant. I don't know... I'm so cunfused. but yes, Oprah does drive me crazy sometimes. I prefer Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that she was born a she and ha dcertain surgeries to become a man but kept her uterus. So am I the only one taking crazy pills when I say that she is a she and not a he and never will be a he no matter what she's done to be a he? So there is no "fabulous miracle" at her giving birth when she's already a woman. Just looks like a dude. Kind of ruins the whole "I was really born a man" scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just read the oprah link you posted. odd. but yeah, a woman on testosterone who's had her breasts removed and has grown other parts (you'll have to read it for yourself- pg. 5 of the Oprah article).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange situation (the pregnant "male"). Although I love the fact that she promotes reading with her book club, the cult of Oprah scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about this story a couple of weeks ago, and I agree with Jamie. She was born a woman, but just happens to look like a man and consider herself a man, because she did a couple of procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pathetic, I know...I sat and watched the whole thing! It was one of those things that is really disturbing but you can't stop watching. (Heather)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I ask Carson where the baby is, he lifts up his shirt and points to his stomach. So he doesn't get it either.

    I saw about 10 minutes of the Oprah show and had to shut it off because it weirded me out. It reminded me of a show she did a few years ago where she had a man/woman on talking about their sex change because "their soul told them they were a woman". I got so disgusted when she praised them on that. I just hope that the baby being born into that family is prepared to attend a lot of therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't help but feel sorry for that man's baby. She is going to get teased big time at school and hopefully wont have too many problems growing up in a house like that. If Luke acts this way with the baby inside you, just wait till he can actually see his little brother! (Caitlin)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...that's crazy wierd...I agree with Caitlin, that baby is going to have it rough! I dont know, on the one hand that is so so strange but from a medical standpoint its kind of cool that they could actually concieve

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember when I was pregnant with Gavin, Kaitlyn used to try to sit on top of my stomach instead of on my lap. It hurt so much!!!

    As far as the Oprah show... I ended up watching the whole show, but I felt ill the entire time. It's just sick! But I don't see why they are saying that a man is pregnant, when she's not a man! She's just taken testosterone for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me, the whole Oprah thing just leaves me a little shaken. We are learning the Family: a Proclamation to the World as a family and have just finished a great conference weekend, where I felt so much peace in my role and our Father's plan for a family. I am sad that our world wants to be SO creative in trying to make "different" types of families. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm back a second time because I'm so ANNOYED about this! It's like the Emperor's New Clothes. Everyone believes that he is really wearing clothes until a little boy actually points out that he's infact nude! It's not a pregnant man! It's a woman! End of story! I'm so annoyed! Help!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jamie - I am also equally annoyed. I don't understand why Oregon legally declared this woman to be a man!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails