4.08.2008

A BETTER WAY


Most normal people would take a few weeks or more to watch a DVD of an entire season (22 episodes) of a television show, but we're not normal. We borrowed Season One of Arrested Development from some friends and watched the entire DVD over the course of two and a half days. That's about 9 1/2 hours of television. A little draining, I'll admit, but so much more efficient that waiting week to week, watching commercials and inevitable repeats, etc. Plus, Erik kept looking at me saying, "Wow, don't you enjoy all this time we're spending together," which makes both of us feel less guilty for neglecting other chores, like let's say, getting ready for a baby that could come any day now, sleep, and other important things like that.

I wish I could say that it's only been the Arrested Development: Season One DVD that has caused us to be glued to the television for hours on end. Unfortunately, anytime we get television on DVD (any season of 24, Lost, Band of Brothers) we turn into these crazy obsessed people who must finish the DVD. However, we have decided that watching t.v. on DVD is definitely a better way... better than DVR and definitely better than live television. Now, if only I had the willpower to wait through an entire season of The Office, Lost, or 30 Rock to put my theory to the test. This way, instead of wasting an hour or two a week, I could just waste one week of evenings a year.

11 comments:

  1. Isn't arrested development so funny? I really like it. Now get on to season 2 and 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if it makes you feel any better Spencer and I watched almost entire season of Friends while I was in labor at the hospital...it did help the time pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were the exact same way when we watched the first two seasons of 24 and also the first three seasons of Lost! Yeah, it took about three days to finish each season. It was exhausting. But I definitely prefer watching shows that way rather than having to wait from week to week with all the suspense! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sad thing about Arrested Development is, is how hilarious it is, so that you'll have to borrow the other two seasons of it right away. Emily does this too, but she'll watch them without me. I still haven't seen half of season two...

    Enjoy, it's some of the best writing I've ever seen. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cristin, you know me... I love tv shows on DVD. I love the out takes and the director and cast commentaries. I too really like Arrested development and was sad when it went off the air.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so glad you've joined the Arrested Development fan club- it's some of the best intelligent humor on TV! And they are in the process of making it into a movie now that it's become so popular after it went off the air, we're so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. we just finished all three seasons of arrested development too. and we do the whole tv shows on dvd things. i think Alias was the worse. we'd be up until 2 or 3 in the morning trying to finish a disc or a season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah...nice how you neglect to post any images of what your child is doing while you're watching the 9 1/2 hours of television!!! how about ripping your hair out? or hitting someone with train track pieces? or making all the kids in the room run away crying...
    Okay...so that's just what mine would be doing
    P.S. I totally forgot about my favorite name...
    "Georg-maxwell caulfied- Peck"!!! Ahhhh...c'mon little georg you can be born now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We did that with Lost until this season...so much more enjoyable cause you really get into it. I swear now that we are watching it week by week we have not been as excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We do the same thing with 24 every time a new season comes out on DVD. There are times when we don't go to bed until 4 in the morning cause we say "just one more....just one more".

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay honestly our best bonding time has been watching lost and tim does not watch tv yeah thinking the same thing how could i marry someone who doesn't like tv anyway so i need something else. we need to bond more. So i think I need to get arrested development and band of brothers thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails