3.31.2008

IT'S COME TO THIS

Can you believe it's come to this? Here is the tent especially made for kids in Africa and Luke:


I took Susanne's suggestion and put up a crib tent on Saturday. She was right! He's trapped! I figure this should last until he's too tall to stand up in it, so maybe age 4? (Just kidding, kind of.) The hope is that Luke will stay in the crib until the new baby needs to use it. I am estimating 4 months.

The funny thing is, I think he actually likes the crib tent. He says, "Tent!" and gets all excited when we put him in the crib. Go figure. I would feel trapped if it were me. When Erik and I first put the tent on, we zipped him into his crib, left the room and laughed for 5 minutes straight like Dr. Claw on Inspector Gadget, "Muh haw haw haw haw."

Any guilt I felt about zipping my child into his bed is also lessened by two thoughts: 1) It's for his own safety, and 2) When malaria comes to town, Luke will survive!

8 comments:

  1. I have several friends that swear by it! It will make life a little easier for you when baby Liam comes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome. i'm glad you found something that is working for you guys. i'm sorry about your locked out experience. boy, i've never even thought of what i'd do in that situation. that little lukester...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I am totally going to use a tent for my kid! I am sooo happy he loves it and doesn't just start screaming like crazy when you put him in it... lets see how long this will last. You should cover the top with some elmo material if he starts getting cranky. Than it can be his Elmo tent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you buy it at? That is so funny!(Caitlin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahooo!!! I hope you can finally get some rest! And I was surprised that Gavin likes his, too. I guess they're just used to being trapped, so it might as well feel like they're going camping, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cristin,
    I told you about that too! I'm so glad it worked! That's great. Now we just have to figure out what to do when he comes to stay at my house. Will it work on a port a crib?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you did the crib tent so you don't have to move on to the toddler bed when he's not ready. I have a few friends who use it and like it. It always seems to be little sneaky boys who end up with crib tents...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so funny! Great idea! I had no idea they had anything like that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails