3.17.2008

I'M BUYING A STICK

NOTE TO SELF: The next time you see a big pregnant lady when you are not pregnant, you may be tempted to think how wonderful it is to be 9 months pregnant. Knowing you, you will also start fantasizing about feeling a baby move inside you, blah blah blah. Cristin - remember this post.


I am big and my back hurts. (This is what I get for having a relatively nausea-free pregnancy.) It's gotten bad. So bad, that tonight I'm going out to buy a little stick like the one pictured above. It's the only way I'm going to get anything done around the house. All I see are itsy bitsy toys, socks, trash, etc. on the floor... a floor that feels miles away from my hands. My childbirth instructor told me to welcome these opportunities to pick things up off the floor, because it would give me the opportunity to squat in preparation for labor. Sounds nice, but in reality, what's the use in squatting if I can't get back up again once I am on the floor? Plus, there is nothing that makes me feel more like Humpty Dumpty than tipping over to one side while squatting at 35 weeks pregnant. Other uses for the stick:

Help me put on my shoes and socks.
Help me grab things out of Luke's crib.
Help me pick up garbage on the side of the freeway.


Me at 35 weeks. I am smiling, but it's all a facade. What I'm really thinking is, "My back is killing me. I wish I could pick up that thing Luke left on the floor. Agh."



Luke with the birthing/yoga ball. His new favorite toy.

17 comments:

  1. on the bright side, all your maternity clothes always look so cute! :) 5 more weeks, that's so awesome, I'm so excited for you! Btw, are you gonna tape the birth? I really wish you would, that would be soooo cool. Or ask a show to come and do it and get money from TLC or something- that would be even cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even clean the toilet without having to take a break. Bending over is like not an option for me anymore...which is why my house is a disaster. The best thing I ever did was convince Carson that cleaning up his toys was the best game ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wifie is HOT...mmm mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristin you look great...tell Erik to massage that sore back. Luke's smile is so sweet albeit mischevious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember feeling the same way Cristin. How about a little bell instead? That way you could get Erik to do all the clean up! I agree with Trine...you do look cute in your maternity clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Spencer tied my shoes for the last 3 months...and did everything else for me that I thought took too much effort! I dont know how you are doing it with another kid to take care of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea. I have a 6 year old that does the picking up stuff for me. Maybe I should buy a stick for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that idea! I just might get one of those next time! And I can totally sympathize with how you are feeling. I would rather go through labor and delivery than that last trimester of pregnancy (too bad I can't choose one or the other...)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just have to know...who's idea was the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all - you look fantastic! I know you think you look huge, but you look great. Second, Zach's grandma has one of those and we all love it. It's so much more fun to clean a room when you're using a grabber vs. your boring old hands. Third, pregnant women aren't supposed to bend over - that's why they have husbands (or long grabber sticks:).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah- Love the dress! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted one of those! My grandma has one and won't let any of the grandkids touch it, not even the married adult ones! I hope you share yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whatever- You look cute. Did you kind of laugh out loud when you childbirth instructor made that comment. I would have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. (Caitlin)I'm so sorry.. It just made me hurt to read your blog. I suddenly had flashes of being in labor. SO is the baby posterior ? I hope not! I can't belive hw big you are! You're almost there! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Megan - The picture was my idea, but Erik made me pose like that. I have probably only 4 or 5 pictures of my pregnancy with this baby. Pretty pathetic - so I figured I should start taking more.

    Caitlin - As of now, the baby feels like he's right where he's supposed to be - so I don't think he's going to be posterior. He does move a lot at this point in the game and it does worry me a little...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been contemplating buying one of those stick things....being huge is no fun! I'm right there with you if it makes you feel any better. Luckily Kylee will pick up almost anything I ask her to if I give her a penny. When it was Kylee at Luke's age though I was suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry - i've been reading your blog but haven't left comments. i think you look really cute right now - i'd kill for those legs, girl.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails