2.11.2008

AN UNSOLVED MYSTERY

I think I've mentioned before that Luke has gotten pretty good at telling (and sometimes even showing) me when his diaper is dirty. Well, this morning we hit a new high point in our diapering adventure.

I was talking to a friend in the kitchen, while Luke was playing with toys in his playroom. Luke suddenly walks in with his pants and diaper completely off, with wipes in his hand. He was trying to change his own diaper. In case you were wondering, yes, there was poop smeared all over his bottom because he had been trying to wipe himself.

My thoughts in this order:

1. I am a bad mother. Am I so negligent that my 19 month old must be forced to change his own diaper?

2. I desperately need to shampoo my carpet now. It appears that in the process of undressing and wiping himself that he rolled his dirty bare bottom all over the carpet. So disgusting.

3. What does this mean? I still don't think he can comprehend when he's going to go, only after the fact. Until he knows before he goes, there is no point in attempting to potty train, right? (Unless of course I want to do Elimination Communication. Just kidding.)

The real mystery is where is the dirty diaper that Luke took off? I can't find it anywhere and I'm afraid it's going to show up in a week rotting away like a dead rat in some closet somewhere. Unfortunately, after checking all the trash cans in the house, I don't think Luke was considerate enough to throw the dirty thing away. It's not under any of the beds either.

This is bad news.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like Erik has a serious treasure hunt to go on when he gets home. :) That's pretty gross, albeit funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably won't rot like a dead rat. It will probably dry up and get crusty, if that makes you feel better. I don't leave poop lying around very often and am not an expert so don't take my word on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably velcroed on the some blanket or animal. I think Luke just likes to be clean and not smelly, like some people I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. . . I think you might be surprised to find it in a trash can. That is, if you haven't already searched there. Jackson would do some crazy things every once in a while to prove that he really did understand what I was trying to teach him, contrary to normal-behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did he try to flush it? have you found it????????

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious! keep me updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I could not stop laughing!!! So... have you found it yet?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails