2.05.2008

IT'S BEEN FUN

I had to finally walk away from the t.v. around 9:15 p.m. when they started calling California for McCain. It was a stressful evening for me watching the results come in, so imagine how Mitt Romney and his family must be feeling. Especially with so much money on the line.... agh, its enough to make you sick.

So - where do we go from here? I'm not sure. I know that if McCain does win the GOP nomination that the Democrats will eat him alive. He's just too easy of a target. I refuse to vote for McCain. I won't vote for Huckabee either because his whole campaign seems based around his belief in Jesus and fantastic weight loss story. That's dandy, but what does he stand for? Hilary? Nope, I won't do that either. It looks like I might have to move to the Obama camp if Romney drops out. I know this sounds weird moving from the most conservative candidate to the most liberal, but I don't know what else to do short of leaving the country. Obama might be interesting and his family did have a nice picture. Anyway, I haven't decided either way. My head hurts and I'm irritated by how many people I spoke with today that supported Romney but weren't registered to vote. When you look at how close some of the California congressional district races were (Romney won delegates in one district by just 14 votes!), it really is a shame more people don't take this seriously.

Two interesting notes - it's not my imagination that McCain gets more media attention than all the other GOP candidates. This article proves the theory that the media are McCain's biggest fans. Also, this thing made Kelley so mad that she actually updated her blog.

11 comments:

  1. First off, I wasn't that big of a Romney supporter- I was more of a Ron Paul supporter, (I knew he didn't have a chance) but..
    I am in the same boat you are. I went to bed early after being so frusterated with the results but woke up again to check CA's and I was so MAD! I too thought- should I leave the country? What are these people thinking???!!! MCCain? We will be in WWIII before you know it and our economy? Down the drain. I'm all for Obama- heck even Clinton I will vote for over McCain.

    also, I really think that the whole bible belt area is prejudice against Mormons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a couple of years ago, when it looked like hillary was going to run for president, brandon gave me a choice on acceptable, english speaking countries where we could move if hillary became president. i believe i chose ireland. it seemed safer than israel and wherever else he chose. hopefully it doesn't come to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted Romney to pull through and on the radio this morning Romney reportedly made a statement that he was not going to give that he was still in it. So don't give up hope just yet Cristin have some faith and I hear what your saying about if McSatan gets it there is no way I am voting for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would vote for a monkey over Hillary anyday. If that woman get's voted I am out of this country in a flash. I'm all for a woman President, but she is not who I would consider "President" material. I'm not a McCain fan either. His immigation policy is a bunch of crap, which really surprises me seeing as he comes from Arizona...land of illegals. I might have to start supporting Obama. I had to stop watching the news last night because I got so upset over how Romney was doing. I thought he would have done better than that. Maybe he'll do better with the Potomac Primarys next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not vote for McCain...what happens in the November Elections when our choices are Crappy and Crappier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, there is no way that I am voting for McCain. He's a total retard. If he's ends up as the Republican candidate, I may be forced to vote for a Democrat (gasp!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mean to tell me you were watching Super Tuesday results all night instead of American Idol? That I just don't believe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry Trisha, Cristin recorded American Idol. Like she would miss that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was registered as Non partisan so I couldn't vote for the republican candidates. If I had know I could only vote for Democrats or American Independent I would have registered as a Republican, even though I don't agree with everything Romney stands for. I just did not want McCain. My only hope is that Hillary does not win the primaries . I am scared that she will and it will be between McCain and Hillary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cristin...you are pregnant and thinking irrational :) I overlooked (but probably will never forget) your vote for Hillary's husband all those years ago...quit talking crazy--we had our chance to vote our conscience on Tuesday...I will probably have to take a deep breath and close my eyes....but I would rather vote for the crotchety old man any day than a DEM...sorry--I appear to be in the minority here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know...my dad, who seriously can't stand Hillary, is talking about voting for her now, b/c he refuses to vote for McCain or Huckabee. I don't know what to do either. We know the constitution has to hang by a thread, right? Here we come!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails