2.12.2008

DO I CARE ANYMORE WHEN MY SHOWS WILL BE BACK ON?


The Writer's Strike is supposed to end today. From what I hear, there is a "zero chance" that this deal will not be approved by the guild. This is going to sound pathetic, but when the strike started, I was really sad. No new episodes of The Office or 30 Rock?? I was promised 16 consecutive episodes of Lost this season and I knew we were only going to get 8, I was really mad!

Then the networks started airing these crappy filler shows like The Celebrity Apprentice and American Gladiators. NBC was showing Deal or No Deal for what seemed like every night for hours at a time. As for late night television, I did miss Saturday Night Live sometimes, but Jay Leno was actually funnier without writers.

And then a month or so into the strike, I stopped caring. I stopped caring what would happen to Jim and Pam, Earl, Liz Lemon, Chuck - all of them. It just didn't matter anymore. My favorite television shows weren't on and I was surviving. Now that American Idol and Lost are back on its like I care even less about all those missing shows.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure I'll be excited to tune in when things get going again, especially since I'll be up with a newborn in the middle of the night, desperate for anything to watch - but it doesn't seem as important to me now as it was in November. Let this be a good lesson to all of us, there are other things to do than watch television.

Anyway, here's the lowdown on when specific shows will return:

24

Expected to return this fall or January ‘09.

30 Rock
Expected to shoot 5 to 10 new episodes to air in April/May.

Chuck
No new episodes until fall.

Desperate Housewives
Expected to shoot 4 or 5 new episodes to air in April/May.

Friday Night Lights
No new episodes expected for this season. Future to be determined.

Grey’s Anatomy
Expected to shoot 4 or 5 new episodes to air in April/May

Heroes
To be determined.

Lost
To be determined.

My Name Is Earl
Expected to shoot 8 to 10 new episodes to air in April/May.

The Office
Expected to shoot 5 to 10 new episodes to air in April/May.

Private Practice
To be determined.

Pushing Daisies
No new episodes until fall.

Scrubs
Four pre-strike episodes remain. Four additional episodes will likely be shot; unclear whether they’ll air on NBC or go straight to DVD.

Ugly Betty
Expected to shoot 4 or 5 new episodes to air in April/May.

Prison Break
Two pre-strike episodes remain. Future beyond that to be determined.


5 comments:

  1. What will make me mad is when the last new episodes of lost are over and then we will have to wait yet again probably until January 09.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ashley. I hate waiting forever for LOST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly, I got over the whole writer's strike dilemma as well. I didn't think it would happen, but I don't even think about all those shows I'm missing out on anymore. As long as I have my Lost and American Idol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i must admit i've also been sad about the whole thing, mainly because my guilty pleasure tv shows help get me through the week (pathetic, i know, but hey, nothing makes me laugh like the office!) thanks for the show updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still a little excited for the Office. I think they should carry on like nothing happened, and have the seasons as long as they usually are. It isn't our fault there was a strike.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails