1.07.2008

PLEASE REGISTER TO VOTE

I am begging you, if you have not done so already, please register to vote. Maybe you moved and won't be doing it by absentee ballot, or maybe you want to change parties so that you can vote for a certain candidate in a closed primary, either way it's not too late. Many states (California, Utah, and Arizona to name a few) are holding their primaries on February 5th. If you live in those states, you better hurry!

Utah allows you to register up to 15 days in advance of the primary if you register in person. So you have until January 21!

If you live in Arizona, you have until midnight tonight to register in order to vote in the primary on February 5th. Lucky for you, you can do it online.

The deadline for Californians to register who wish to vote in the primaries is January 22.

Now, I realize that not everyone is obsessed with news of the upcoming presidential election like I am, and I guess that's okay. However, think of what people in this country, especially women, went through in the past to earn the right to vote. It's our duty, don't you think, to take advantage of our rights? Plus, how can you complain about the way things work if you don't vote?

4 comments:

  1. Why do you disprespect your loyal Kansas readers by not telling us when OUR deadline is?
    Good thing I only read your blog to find out what's happened in Britney's life.
    She kicked Dr. Phil out of her hospital room?!?! [text-messaging abbreviation of disbelief goes here]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear if the "especially women" was put in italics because you're voting for Hillary...then this might be the last time I visit.....kidding...kidding..but not really :) he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I feel that if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about anything political. It is important for everyone to vote....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about adsentee voting. When I can vote in the comfort of my own home in my PJ's that works for me!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails