1.31.2008

LOST RECAP: FUTURE HURLEY IS STILL FAT


First, let me just say that I watched bits and pieces of the Lost "Recap Show" that aired prior to tonight's season premiere. If you know nothing about Lost, then the story sounds incredibly goofy - smoke monsters, an electromagnetic island, a four-toed statue - but since I am a walking "Lost Encyclopedia," luckily all of this mumbo-jumbo makes perfect sense to me.

Most important, tonight we learn that Hurley is still fat in the future and that Charlie looks good when he cleans himself up. Other things to note: A creepy guy visits Future Hurley in the mental hospital who really isn't a lawyer for Oceanic airlines. Future Jack is a big drinker. Back on the island, Ben is put on a leash. Noami, who is badly injured, crawls through the jungle, dies, and hands Kate the satellite phone. Jack's dad might be the guy in the scary house with the lantern? The group chooses sides after hearing of Charlie's message that the rescuers aren't with Penny's team. Jack tries to shoot Locke, but then discovers that the gun wasn't loaded. Locke takes a group to the compound previously occupied by the Others. Sawyer leaves Freckles to join Locke. Kate and Jack look like they are going to kiss about 20 times during the episode, but never do. During the last two minutes, Kate and Jack encounter their rescuer as he parachutes on to the island.

There you have it. For a brief moment I thought Charlie was really alive and I got very excited. Then I remembered that Hurley is crazy and the whole thing had to be a hallucination. Dang it. All in all, it was an excellent episode. How much you want to bet that the series finale will be a trip back to the island?

GRADE: A

UPDATE: I am posting this screen capture from last night's episode (I know I'm a dork). It really looks like Christian Shepherd to me in that rocking chair! Don't you think?

13 comments:

  1. That's my guess, too. I'll bet we slowly watch as the "Oceanic Six" all go crazy and figure out that they all somehow "need" to go back to the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Caitlin) I keep waiting for hurley to get skinny from lack of nutrition on the island. Well so we now know 3 of the 6 survivors (kate, jack and hurley: or people who got off the island) I wonder who the other 3 are?
    Where did you get the idea that Jacks dad is the guy in the house? Did I miss something? I had to leave a couple times to put Jonah to bed. It was a very good episode, my favorite part was when Hugo did a cannon ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh it was so exciting. I loved it. But now I have to get used to the episode ending each week and leaving us hanging. I usually end up not being able to handle that so I wait until the season is over and I can watch it all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you think it is Jacks dad? I don't think he could be Jacob. I watched it again and it did seem like he had gray hair like Christian Shephard, but Ben has been taking orders from Jacob for years (or at least claiming to take orders from him).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caitlin and Ashley - I'll post a screen capture. It really looks like Jack's dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Cristin...I totally thought that it was Jack's Dad!!!! I can't wait for next weeks episode. But how many are we going to be able to watch before it starts going into re-runs due to the writer's strike?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look like Jacks dad. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, first of all... the title of this post totally cracked me up. I have to say, it's pretty unrealistic that Hurley hasn't lost any weight at all since he's been on the island. But then again, not too much of the show is very realistic. :-) And oh my gosh, that totally looks like Jack's dad! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creepy! It's totally Jack's dad! (Caitlin)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alright, after studying the picture for about an hour- I too believe that it is Jack's dad. Evidence- THE SUIT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cristin: I AM FREAKING OUT ABOUT THAT PICTURE! For some reason it is soooo scary! I'm going to have nightmares about Jacks dead dad! (Caitlin)OH MY GOSh! I just thought of something! Remember in one of the previous season's episodes Jack finds his dad's coffin and opens it up and His dad isn't inside?! IT'S TOTALLY his dad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I told Kirk the same thing after the episode that the series finale would probably be them going back to the island. I LOVE THIS SHOW! And that is totally papa Shepherd in the shot. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  13. theory:
    jacob can inhabit other bodies: jack's dad's for example.
    remember when ben said, "every LIVING person on this island will die." there has to be a reason he said that specifically. everything in this show is so orchestrated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails