1.22.2008

I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU


I've never been a big Heath Ledger fan. In fact, the only movie of his that I liked was "10 Things I Hate About You." I couldn't stand "A Knight's Tale" and "Brokeback Mountain" was just plain awful. (Okay, I never actually saw "Brokeback", but my hair stylist did and she told me the whole movie start to finish, so I feel like I saw it. That was enough for me.)

However, no matter how you feel about an actor, it is sad to see someone die so young. He was only 28 when he passed away today from an apparent drug overdose. With all this "news" about the Associated Press already writing the obituary for Britney Spears so that it would be ready for immediate publication, I wonder if anyone at the AP thought to write one for Heath Ledger last month too. Stars who keep low profiles die all the time too, you know.

Heath Ledger's death reminds me of something my mom always says: "You really don't know what is going on behind closed doors." In other words, think of how many
celebrities have screwed up lives that their publicists keep well hidden. Remember how highly we all thought of Rosie O'Donnell and Tom Cruise until their publicists changed or quit? It makes me wonder if Tom Hanks is really as "nice" as he seems or if Miley Cyrus really is as "virginal" as she wants us to believe.

Anyway, sad news.

8 comments:

  1. (Caitlin) It really is so sad. Especially since he has a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't celebrities always die in 3's? Britney Spears better watch out... she's playin with fire! (also the name of K-fed's cd)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel bad for his 2-year old daughter. His death totally caught me off guard. I think I watched Fox News for about 20 minutes straight with my mouth open because it was so out of the blue. I wonder what's going to happen with the new Batman movie? He was supposed to play the Joker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad. i liked heath ledger, mainly because of "10 things i hate about you" which I own and have memorized. i'm not even sure i ever saw him in anything else. but i knew he had a daughter with the girl that played Jen on Dawson's Creek. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what would I do if not for your blog? I would still be in stay at home la la land with no connection to the outside world!!! I had no idea and this bit of information sparked a good deal of interest at mutual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How dare you besmearch Miley Cyrus? How DARE you?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was completely shocked, and really sad since he has a two year old. It's so true that you don't really know what's going on behind closed doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "virginal" hmm, never heard that word before

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails