12.09.2007

SHAKE IT LIKE A POLAROID PICTURE

I know what you're thinking: "Did you take that picture in 1975?" Good guess, but no. It's from the Children's Christmas party put on this afternoon by Erik's company. I had forgotten how bad Polaroids are.

Luke loved Santa! We were absolutely shocked. In fact, when Santa was trying to leave he ran up to the stage and tried to go sit on his lap again. I was visualizing lots of screaming, and it was the total opposite. Maybe we need to have a talk with him about strangers because he wasn't scared enough.

The party also had a gazillion cookies, brownies, cake, and candy. Luke was happy and entered a sugar coma-like state on our way home.

They were also giving free immunizations at the party. Just kidding. Luke looks like he is in so much pain in this picture you would think he's getting a flu shot, but it was only a temporary tattoo. As you can see, Luke is not a tattoo man.

At the end of the party, they wanted all the kids on the stage for a picture with Santa. Luke hopped up there and sat about 2 feet away from the group and smiled for the camera. At least he tried.

10 comments:

  1. Too funny....I remember Kylee just staring at Santa when we put her on his lap at that age....she didn't know what to do (she was frozen in terror). Oh and i'm with you on maternity clothes....they are seriously my worst nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more crazy than I am, staying up so late at night to work on a blog! Wonderful pictures, though. You need to hand the camera to someone else so you are on your own blog page, Cristin!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog...how do you post pictures so someone can point and enlarge them? Mine seem small and you can't zoom in if you wanted to. I'll keep trying to take tips from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (cristin's mom) I think Luke has it right: Tattoos are bad, and Santa is NOT a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture of him is soo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that polaroid seriously looks like 90% of the pictures from my childhood.

    We went to the UPS store to run off our Christmas letters yesterday and they were having a grand opening event with one of their employees dressed up like Santa and you could have your picture taken with him. My son would not come out from clinging behind my leg, even when I promised im I wouldn't make him go near Santa.

    At a ward Christmas party probably 3 years ago my father-in-law was dressed up as Santa. Even telling my daughter, then almost 2 1/2 that Santa was grandpa wouldn't persuade her to go anywhere near him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa, cookies, and tatooes... who is on this party planning committee? I love the picture of Luke with Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I really thought that first pic was of Erik as a little boy and John to the left (maybe Erik needs to trim those side burns a bit)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I'm surprised too that Luke wasn't afraid of him. Kids are so unpredictable. I have yet to find out if Gavin will be scared of Santa...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luke is screaming..."no, the prophet said no tatoos dad!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I don't get the whole tattoo at a church Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails