12.04.2007

I FEEL ROBBED

I feel robbed for TWO reasons:

#1: I should have posted this last week, but what happened is exactly what I said would: Scary Spice lost Dancing with the Stars. I was mad for 15 minutes and then forget about it. However, this morning I was listening to my Spice Girls CD and since I can identify each girl by voice (I can do the same thing with the Backstreet Boys, can't everyone?), I kept hearing Scary Spice sing and getting really angry. She was totally robbed! While I am glad that Marie didn't win (partly because Jamie said she would kill herself if Marie did), I think the only reason Julianne and Helio won was because people love Julianne. Did anyone else catch the few times the other Spice Girls came out to support Mel B.? I couldn't find it on You Tube. Every time they were on, Victoria Beckham looked horribly out of place. I wonder if someone lied and told her Katie Holmes or Madonna would be there to get her to go. This picture says it all. Look at Posh's face and body language:




#2: I woke up this morning and sadly realized there will be no Office Christmas episode this year due to the writer's strike. Admittedly, Season Four hasn't been all that great, but I was really looking forward to an Office Christmas party. I attended a "Mom's Only" Christmas Party on Friday night where we did an ornament exchange. After the host was explaining the rules of the "White Elephant" exchange, I said, "It's Yankee Swap!" Only one woman laughed really hard and the rest looked at me like I was nuts. I've only ever heard of "Yankee Swap" on the Office, so I knew she knew what I meant. Or at least I'd like to think she did.


8 comments:

  1. While I'm okay that Julianne and Helio won, I really wanted Mel to win. We call White elephant, 'Dirty Santa'. I wonder if any non-moms felt left out from your exclusive mom's only gift exchange. I never know what to take to these things. I feel like I'm supposed to take something tacky that no one would want, but I think people are doing nicer gifts these days. Did they set up any rules for the exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you casually mention you were listening to Spice girls music around the house. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. (caitlin) I can totally pick out spice girl and backstreet boy voices! Thanks for reminding me that there will be no more office probably until jan.. who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew and I were at a Primary Christmas party on Friday night and we had a white elephant exchange. Someone asked where the iPod was and Andrew and I both burst out laughing. No one else got the joke.

    I like DWTS, but in all honesty, America is not smart enough to vote for people who actually have talent and should win. Mel was robbed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't catch DWTS, but I am soooooo glad that Marie didn't win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think any non-Moms felt left out because it was just people in the local playgroup that got together. I took an Elvis ornament. Everyone else had these super cute and nice ornaments. The only rule was that it had to be less than $10. Mine was the only "meant to be tacky" one there! But it got "stolen" twice so I didn't feel too bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. White elephant parties are only funny if there are tacky gifts. At a ward part in Wymount, we once ended up with a Micheal Jackson book from the 80's and a New Kids on the Block book. We thought we had scored big in the best gift area!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails