11.10.2007

YAY, IT'S DONE

You know how it is when something consumes your life for any amount of time and when it is finally finished, you just feel such a sense of relief? That is the joy I am feeling right now at knowing this is all over.

I found out about the "Film Festival" activity that the Stake Young Mens Presidency was planning on doing at church about a month ago. The rules were pretty basic. It must be between 6 -7 minutes, must include all the youth in the ward (yeah, good luck with that), and must follow the theme, "Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts Unceasingly." I am turning it into the Stake for approval tonight and if all goes well, they are showing it this Wednesday, with all of the other ward's films.

I know the rules sound simple, but I spent a lot of time asking myself why I volunteered to be in charge of this thing. One of the hardest parts was working with the other leaders. It has been an
interesting process trying to incorporate everyone's ideas and not make people feel bad. Another hard thing was that I had to trim the movie down from 20 to 7 minutes, which will probably hurt many kids' feelings. I am also very grateful that I don't have to be in charge of the Deacons (the 12 - 13 year old boys).

If you can't figure it out - our concept was about avoiding "filthy" movies... (and yes, I know I named it after my least favorite movie of all time...)


17 comments:

  1. Talk about a lot of work! I am totally with you on not working with the Deacon's. They are a hand full. They video looks great though. The acting was even better. And Luke at the end enjoying a cold one was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you let Luke drink IBC Rootbeer. That was the funniest movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get the "XXX" reference til the end... LOL. The movie was great! I liked the ending the best and the flashbacks were good too- a lot like lost :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristin, that was totally awesome. I loved that scene where the mother gets hit by the car. WOW! And the acting wasn't bad. Did you direct the kids?

    This is not Charles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cristin, that was totally awesome. I loved that scene where the mother gets hit by the car. WOW! And the acting wasn't bad. Did you direct the kids?

    This is not Charles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job!I know that was hard to work with that many kids.. the piano sound bite worked well too! Was that ketchup on the moms face?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! That was awesome Cristin! Great job, I'm glad Brother Gillam let you help with the film. HA HA. Dan and I were laughing the whole time, it was great. I think it's hilarious that the guys were trying to pick up chicks in front of the Hitchin' Post. Poor Tehachapi. lol I love Luke hittin the bottle at the end! BRAVO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved it! I was laughing throughout, and it totally gets the point across! And way to incorporate those cheesy Mormon pick-up lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That video was awesome! I am impressed. My favorite was definitely Luke at the end. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so great!!! I can't believe all the hard work that had to go into it. You are amazing the film was great...

    ReplyDelete
  11. that was uhhhh Im lost for words

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! That was really fun!
    I still don't get the XXX thing. THe one liners were classic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was too funny! I could not stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job, Cristin. I've seen many of these kinds of Young Men/Young Women home videos before...this is the best. Can we hire you?
    Love you, talented daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  15. classic cristin...it had you written all over it...you've come a long way (from the days of music videos and fake wigs)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting this vid up! We had to make a vid for our 1st and upcmong stake youth fireside as the new stake, and we kinda were able to make our own ideas up from wat we saw from this vid! Maybe I could get our vid up online for you to see...I'll get bak to u on that one: My father (the bishop) may some issues....

    Once again, Thanks for the ideas and laugh's: It was great!

    L.R
    Tay

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails