11.26.2007

THANKSGIVING EXTRAVAGANZA

We returned home late last night from our trip to Arizona to see my family. It should have taken us 6 and a half hours, but it was more like 8 because of all the traffic when we hit L.A. The last thing I want to think about right now is driving anywhere. (We're going to L.A. once, and Camarillo twice in December. Hopefully we'll forget how bad our trip home was once we have to drive a long distance again.) Gratefully, though, Luke does do a fabulous job in the car.

No matter how much I try to prevent it, we always end up looking like white trash when we travel. The best example of this was when I exited the bathroom yesterday at In-n-Out in San Bernardino and discovered Luke laying completely naked on the hood of our car. He had wet through his diaper, clothes, and car seat, so Erik was changing him. Luke smiled at me, still completely naked and said, "Night night, mommy, night night." and pretended to go to sleep. It's a good thing public nudity doesn't bother him yet.

Sadly, I didn't take a lot of pictures this weekend. Things I
should of photographed are when I won 2 out of 2 games of Risk and the amazing Thanksgiving dinner. (I really am grateful to come from a family of such good cooks.)

Oh well, these few photos will have to suffice:

It's very rare for us all to be together, so we try to take "family pictures." One of these years we should hire a professional, because no one is ever very satisfied. I thought last year's efforts turned out better.


My parents live near the Phoenix International Raceway. It was free to go in and look around at all the cars. Just when I'm beginning to think Luke is super smart he calls all the fast cars, "Choo-choos!" We're still working on that distinction between trains and cars.


As a child, my great-grandfather homesteaded some property about 20 miles or so from where my parents live now. The house is no longer there (they picked it up and moved it to California when they left), but it was really neat to go out there with my Grandfather, see where he grew up, and hear about how the area used to be. How they lived out in the middle of the desert with no electricity for over five years, I will never understand.

Oh, it's just us again. This was the only picture when Luke was kind of looking at the camera and his fingers weren't in his mouth.

10 comments:

  1. Your baby pudge looks so cute! We were in Phoenix for Thanksgiving and had a hard time leaving the nice weather to come back to the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture of you three looks great! The traffic in L.A. is something I could totally live without.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya I wish these pictures were as good as last year. It was fun to see you all though. Im sad we'll miss you at christmas. (caitlin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look great. I look fatter than you and I'm not pregnant - thanks a lot ;). Glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that was a great family photo...both of them. And you look great!!!! Who is the guy standing next to Kaci? He looks like someone that used to be in the Camarillo YSA Ward but I can't remember his name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim - That's Kaci's fiance, Salesi. You're right, they met in Camarillo 4th ward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Congrats to the both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute family pics! I know what you mean about traveling... We drove to Monterey last weekend, and the way home was torture. Gavin cried the entire three and a half hours!!! The worst part is that I'm going to have to drive back this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cristin thanks for announcing to the whole world that Im getting married...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kaci...congratulations! Sorry I learned about your good news on Cristin's blog, especially if you didn't want it announced yet.......but I was looking at the picture thinking the same thing..."who is that next to Kaci?"
    Beautiful family...all of you! I bet the food at your Thanksgiving was outstanding! Missed Kaci at Doris' house, but we managed to have a wonderful meal, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails