11.14.2007

FOR THE SAKE OF HIS MARRIAGE


How much do you want to bet that the person happiest that Cameron Mathison got kicked off Dancing with the Stars last night was Mrs. Cameron Mathison?

Did anyone notice that his wife was never shown in the audience when he danced, not once. They even did a package a few weeks back with Cameron talking about how his wife fully supported him and she knew that dancing with his partner, Edyta, was just "an act". Uh-huh. If that's true, why wasn't his wife on t.v. saying that?

I don't question Cameron's loyalty to his wife, but put yourself in her shoes. I don't know what his wife looks like. (I didn't even know who Cameron Mathison was before Dancing with the Stars). However, they have a few kids, so I'm guessing that although his wife may be beautiful, she probably looks nothing like Edyta. If I was his wife I would have a hard time watching my husband dance suggestively and look like he is in love with a half-naked super tan European goddess every single week to the praises of America and the judges. People always rave that Dancing with the Stars is a "family" show, but Edyta "Wear as Little Clothing as Possible" Slutvinska merits the show a "TV-MA." Seriously, who said ballroom dancing means you have to wear a sequined bikini every week with a weird fringe see-through shawl to keep it "modest"?

18 comments:

  1. Could it maybe also be that he lives in NY and he and his wife have two sons, which might make it hard to travel. Or that she has no desire to be on t.v.? Just some thoughts. Love your post...as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking the same thing as I watch the show. I would NOT let my husband dance on that show.. Mabe Im too controlling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that the contestants have no control over their costumes. But still give the poor man a shirt that closes for once! I agree that bikinis are not the best thing for dancing in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to this link: http://www.eforu.com/cgi-bin/clickthru.pl?S63275

    to see a picture of Cameron's wife, Vanessa. Still think she is jealous of Edyta?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never really understood the whole "acting" business where a person could be okay with their spouse kissing/making out with/having pretend sex with/suggestively dancing with someone who is not them. I'd have huge issues with this dancing guy and his partner if I was the wife. I mean, is it healthy to be okay with it, like you're that confident/comfortable with your own relationship? Or is it healthy to have issues with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelley - So, she had some glamour shots taken. She still isn't the one teaching Cameron the "joy of dancing" and moving like that with him on t.v. wearing hardly anything. I would not be okay with that if it were me.

    Chloe - See Kelley's link to the glamour shot. I have a feeling she wouldn't mind being on t.v.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cristin, I have to point out that you are wrong. I am a Cameron fan and his wife was actually there multiple times. You do have a BIG POINT. I do not understand how she deals with that especially since they do have 2 rather young kids but she was there in the audience multiple times. Just thought you should know. I am also very very sad about this. Fire your fact checker girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good point, Rachel. I'll have to watch the audience more closely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, she was shown somewhat more prominently these last 2 weeks. I totally agree with you but it made for fantastic tv and I'm rather sad about the dismissal...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, dancing with Edyta would seem like nothing to me if I was used to seeing my husband making out on a soap opera. I agree she is annoyingly underdressed every time, but let's be honest- he makes his living acting on soap operas. Ick.

    How are you feeling btw??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I once saw Cameron's family on the style network when they were copying one of his rooms in someone else's house for cheaper. And yeah, she's beautiful. Don't watch the show though, so no thoughts there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree that it shouldn't be called a "family show." I mean, even Marie Osmond has worn some pretty skanky clothes on there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So have you noticed that the soap stars that participate on DWTS are soaps that are only on ABC? Isn't that interesting how the old judge (is it glenn?) is always telling him to button up. It's soap television advertising. What's that called? Vertical marketing? or Vertical placement or something like that? Total sham. But he seemed like a fun guy I guess. I think the only reason they have soap stars participate is to get larger #'s of viewers during the daytime. Disgusting. I think Edya's outfits during rehearsals are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would have been P.O.'d if I were his wife at his saying there wasn't a single bit of him that wanted to go home! Thanks, dear. We miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does her last name really contain the word "slut" in it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails