11.08.2007

DENIAL

I have decided to take the Christina Aguilera/Jennifer Lopez approach to pregnancy. That's right, I am waiting for the highest bidder of which magazine I will officially announce my pregnancy to. Both of them, only this last week, confirmed they were pregnant, despite it being super obvious for some time now.

Take a look at this picture of Christina Aguilera from a few weeks
before she announced her pregnancy. Other than literally seeing the baby crown, I don't know what else would scream "I'm Pregnant" more than this picture.

Then there is Jennifer Lopez with the free flowing mu-mu's she wears 24-7. You're not fooling anyone J-Lo.

However, now that I am finding myself in a similar situation, I completely understand J-Lo and Christina's problem. I don't know why it is so hard for me to tell people, it just is. It's not a secret that I'm pregnant, I am just not talking about it much with people I interact with on a daily basis. Newsflash: Most people in my day to day life do not read my blog. So, my options are either:

a) borrow Candace's shirt that says, "YES, I'm Pregnant" and wear it to church
b) don't tell anyone
c) just tell people

For now, I have chosen to go with Option B and it is becoming increasingly awkward as my belly is getting bigger and BIGGER. I'm not huge.... yet... but it is at that point where I know people are wondering if I am fat or pregnant, or both. Should I even worry about telling people or just figure that once I start walking around with two kids instead of one they will have it figured out?

16 comments:

  1. With my second I didn't tell anyone either.....people started asking and I would say "didn't I tell you?", so that they would feel guilty like I already told everyone and they had forgotten (mean huh?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (kelley) I am so happy that J LO finally admitted she was pregnant! with twins right? Atleast Christina would wear form fitting shirts that showed off the belly, the whole wearing of mu-mu's when your like 5 months pregnant to hide the belly is pretty darn silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I feel the same way. I was 18 weeks along when I finally told my family that I was pregnant.

    I say borrow my shirt. That is how I told the family. It is a great solution because all you have to do wear the shirt, and you don't have to say a word. I am happy that is how I told people especially the mil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People will eventually figure it out. Besides Cristin, it is not possible for you to get fat so the only explaination would be that you are prego.
    Although, I do like the idea of the tshirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean Erik doesn't tell everyone you know the minute you pee on the stick? Apparently you need to borrow Zach for a minute - he'll spread the word for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the shirt is an awesome idea! Carson wore a shirt that told my family I was pregnant. You could make one for him and let him do the work. Or if your ward is anything like ours, all you have to do is tell 1-2 people and they will do the rest of the work for you. I told my vt's and that was all it took for word to get around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we have this problem with each pregnancy. to the point that we hate having to tell people so much that brandon's family actually thought our 2nd was unwanted when in fact, we just didn't want to have to tell people.

    with this third one, our kids told a few people (can luke talk that well), a few people i had to tell due to numerous doctor's appt. babysitting necessities. eventually word got around, or i looked pregO enough that they would just ask when i was due.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say announce it, embrace it, LOVE IT!!! Enjoy this time...it's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shirt idea is pretty funny! I always feel awkward telling people as well. So yeah, just tell a couple of people and let them spread the word. People always like a little juicy gossip anyway, right?! (and at least it's the good kind of gossip)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know about you, but in my ward we have that ONE person...when SHE knows, by the end of the day EVERYONE will know. Here is an example: my sister-in-law was pregnant and before I knew that it was ok to talk about it this ONE person came to me to tell me that she was pregnant. I figure that one day when I get pregnant I will just tell this one person and then let her to the work for me, that way people will find out, but it won't seem like I am trying to tell the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for either wearing the shirt, or telling Sister Henney, Amber Holmes and Alyssa Perry. That way all age groups are covered and the whole of Tehachapi will know within hours. :) I really wouldnt worry about it Cristin, you look great no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  12. (cristin's mom) Yes, the shirt idea....though I might have been the original one to use that method. I was about 5 months pregnant with Caitlin, when the gal sitting behind me in church tapped me on the shoulder and said, "the tag on your sweater is hanging out. It says 'Motherhood Maternity.' Is it okay for me to assume that you are pregnant?"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today I was bringing some trash out to the dumpster and I saw a couch in it and thought of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep them guessing. I always felt weird telling people, but then I felt weird if I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think if you were the outfit that Christina's wearing in that first picture that should take care of your problems. However, maybe you shouldn't carry the cup of coffee because, well, that could be misinterpreted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i don't know what the big deal is- just have them announce it in RS and you get it over with in one fell swoop. Besides, isn't it fun to have people know you're pregnant? Otherwise they are second guessing the weight gaining (especially at such an early point). Is it embarrassing to be pregnant or tell people and I just don't know it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails