10.18.2007

ULTRASOUND #1 OF BABY #2

Today I had my first ultrasound. Here's the picture for those (including myself) that don't believe I am pregnant. At my doctor's request, I received a special ultrasound today to screen for down syndrome performed by another doctor. I think everything's okay. The doctor looked at the baby's neck, spine, and head size.

Before the doctor came in to perform the ultrasound, the technician started hitting my belly with the stick to try to get the baby to move. I was trying to act like it didn't bother me, but it really hurt. Once the baby started to move around, we both went, "Oh, that's a boy!" at the same time. I know this sounds crazy, but I found out that Luke was a boy when I was 14 weeks along and this isn't too far off. Neither the ultrasound technician or I are 100% positive, but honestly, unless this baby has three legs, it's undoubtedly a boy.

So... most likely another boy. It will be confirmed at my next ultrasound in 6 weeks. When I saw the ultrasound, I wanted to say, "OH SNAP, ANOTHER BOY! What did I do to deserve this??!?" I don't want to sound ungrateful. I never thought we would be able to have one kid, let alone two. A part of me was hoping though that we would have a calm, not crazy girl. Luke is a blast, but a lot of energy. How I am going to handle two "Lukes"? I have no clue.

Here are a few excerpts from the mental list of good things about having another boy that I made in my head on the way home:

1. No need to buy more baby clothes.
2. No need to buy pink stuff.
3. No need to do hair for a girl, because I don't know how to anyway.
4. We don't have to name her Zoey, like Erik wants.
5. We'll have an heir and a spare, like royalty.
6. The Lassen name will continue on (not like that was going to be a problem).

20 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted a picture, because I too needed solid proof to show you really were pregnant (j/k). Two Lukes... LOL! Atleast you know EXACTLY what you are getting. what names have you thought of, (you'll have to tell me later)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Cristin, You are really pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at how clear and obvious that ultrasound is at just 14 weeks. You can tell there's a baby, and not just a piece of rice or a peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous! I want to find out that early. Andrew and I joke that financially we have to have another boy because I will put us in the poor house if it's a girl. Maybe this boy will be very calm and just want to sit quietly and read books and play with cars. It could happen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky that you got to find out so early! For me, the 20 week ultrasound always feels like an eternity away after I find out that I'm pregnant. I wouldn't worry so much about having another Luke. This one might be really laid back. Plus, there's no gaurantee that a girl would be easier. I know plently of crazy high strung girl toddlers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never know it still could be a girl.. maybe the umbilical cord was in a weird position. . okay so most likely its a boy! Thats very exciting! I love Luke and i wouldn't mind seeing another one! It's a very clear ultra sound!Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You could have a calm boy. There's always that alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! CONGRATZ!!! Last night we were talking about the doctor that induced Bella and I was wondering if you had ever gone to him...I guess thats the answer! So you know how you like to document EVERYTHING? Well maybe Luke picked up on that and left a picture of himself or something behind. Kind of like a time capsule. I'm just saying its a possibility. Also I think that maybe Luke was just breaking you in. You're an awesome mommy and there is nothing you cant handle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh funny! I like your list, it must be very reassuring to you :). Perhaps the third leg was actually the umbilical cord just in a weird position? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Cristin and Erik, I'm very happy for you. So far out of 9 grandchildren Luke is the only one who will carry on the Lassen name. Love Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun for you....i'm jealous. If my next is a girl again we could trade! J/K! What a great ultrasound pic! Good luck with everything (girls can be just as crazy....just to let you know, so don't get your hopes of that a girl will give you a break).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats...now let's see some belly pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A few more positives for you:
    -Luke will have someone to blame things on.
    -They can beat each other up.
    Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! And just so you know, you don't have to do girls hair if they don't have any - a cute hat goes a long way. Abie's favorite cst 50cents and we get comments every time she wears it! Of course ultra sounds are never fool proof!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats. It is great to have two boys together. Hey your clothes will be about the same season and your really won't need new things. April is a great time to have a baby! Nice weather. Hopefully they will be good buddies and #2 will be a calm kiddo. Sorry so late for congrats-I've been a little busy and have got behind on the blogs!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great shot of this little guy! His head is beautiful! Perfect little profile.
    I love him already!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATULATIONS Cristin!! 2 Boys- how fun! Now Luke will always have a buddy to play with (and fight with:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cristin -
    The only thing better than 1 boy is 2. Luke will always have a brother to pal around with, what more could a kid want? Seriously, I want ALL boys. If I ever have a daughter I will, of course, be very happy and will deny ever writing this post :). Oh, and my two boys could not be more different than one another. So, you don't necessarily have two Luke's. And let me just say, as someone that knows both you and Eric...even if this little one were a girl, she'd still be crazy and wild :). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I meant to say Erik, not Eric...sorry, d'oh. I hate when people write Zack instead of Zach and I just did that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the great news!! I'm so happy for you. Boys are fun, but I know what you mean, they take a lot of energy. I can't imagine having 2 Oliver's to take care of, but I guess the good thing is you don't really know any other way since energetic is the only baby you've had so far...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails