10.26.2007

OUR LITTLE HARRY POTTER

Luke fell out of his crib again yesterday - hard. As most of you know, this is not the first time, so I don't need comments (MOM) like, "You need to get rid of that thing." or "I told you so." Let's just say, it is a bad situation. His bedroom door doesn't shut, so we'll need to move him to a different room in the house, probably just put his mattress on the floor for the time being, anchor his dresser to the wall, and make the rest of his room ultra-safe. He was bleeding so badly and crying so hard, that I started crying. Then a few hours after the incident and LOTS of crying, we both took a nap on my bed for nearly three hours! It's weird though, despite his diaper rash and endless stream of injuries, I thought a lot yesterday about how grateful I am to be taking care of him myself and not working while Luke is in daycare. I still want to be the one putting diaper rash cream on him while he screams in agony and lay down with him when he's sad.

The good news is that with his new scar he could be Harry Potter for Halloween. The bad news is that he probably wouldn't keep the glasses on and besides, that costume is like so 4 years ago.

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I'd endure the screaming rather than send my child to daycare. At least I know how I'm dealing with it and not wondering what's happening with my child all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Luke! My kids are total monkeys too. Kaitlyn was climbing out of her crib for months before we converted it to a toddler bed. We put a baby lock on her door because I was afraid she'd fall down the stairs while I was sleeping or something. Every morning I would go in to get her and the whole room would be trashed (all the diapers taken out of the basket and strewn across the room, all the drawers pulled out of the dresser...). Luckily Gavin hasn't learned yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy. And I'm guessing that this big owie won't keep him from climbing out again. Everytime Liam freaks out and does something to hurt himself I wonder if he will ever see the connection. Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella wouldn't stay in her room once we moved her to a big bed. So we put a gate on her door every night. She'd trash the room... every toy she owned out, every book off the shelf, etc. And for a couple of weeks she fell asleep in the oddest places... half under her bed in her book corner, etc. I just came across that picture the other day and had to laugh. Good luck with Luke. He seems so young to not be in a crib... but if he can get out and get hurt, what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a great mom... Seth still has a simi dent in he forehead from his first big fall. It happens to everyone kids. My sister in-law bought this tent made just for cribs and kids like Luke. It ties on to the sides and has a zipper in the front so you can get him in and out. It is kinda of sad looking but it works. You should check it out. Let me know if you need help finding it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camden got through my barrier and fell down 1'2 the stairs. Was on his back when I grabbed him and he seamed to care less about the fall, just wanted his ball at the bottom of the stairs. My heart was pounding so hard and I was totally crying. Camden was looking at me funny, and I totally felt like a depression case. It was bad, major mommy guilt...Pat says you're not a real mom if nothing like that has happened. I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say if he's climbing out just put him in a toddler bed....for Kylee I put a baby lock on the inside of her door and she soon found out that sleeping in her bed was a lot more comfy than other spots. You just have to make sure his room is baby proof....you could probably just leave his mattress in there with a basket of toys. It will work and you will feel so relieved cause you won't worry about him falling anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't want to think about when Chloe can climb out of her crib. That scares me.

    Yesterday when I was hurrying to get ready for church, our tall mirror fell and I thought on top of Chloe. I freaked out until I noticed she wasn't under the mirror, but it still took a few minuets to get my normal heart rate back.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails