10.16.2007

BOLLYWOOD TUESDAY!

This won't be a regular thing, but today I couldn't help but posting some fun Bollywood videos. I think the reason I love musicals so much is because I can't sing or dance (two things I would love to do.) There is something about music in another language that is so appealing. For example, I love Shakira's music in Spanish (because I can't understand her), but hate her music in English because it is really cheesy. Bollywood is cool because of the way they move their bodies. I wish I could do that! I bought an instructional "Bellydancing by Dolphina" DVD a few years ago, you know, for "exercise," and ended up hurting my neck after two tries. How embarrassing.

Here is some real Bollywood goodness. Can you guess which movie was inspired by this song?



This next one is from Bride and Prejudice and features Sayid from "Lost," along with one of the most gorgeous women in the world, Aishwarya Rai. I almost wish I could cover the subtitles so I don't know what they are saying because it sounds so dumb in English.




Finally, this is Erik's FAVORITE scene from Bride and Prejudice. This is when "Bollywood comes to California". He really likes it when the lifeguards run down the ramp singing. If you haven't seen the movie, this will seem really strange. Then again, if you have seen this movie it will probably seem strange too.


9 comments:

  1. Ok why oh why have you not put my on your favorite list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your belling dance routine, Cristin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops...type-o...I meant belly dancing routine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew and I watched Bride and Prejudice a while ago. I laughed through the whole thing. He thought it was too cheesy to handle. I need to watch it again. I'm sure it gets better the more you watch it. Nice clips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so much fun to go watch that all together in Utah! I love Bollywood, great dancing and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my favorite part is the surfers in the background swaying all at different rhythms! I really do love that movie, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those clips were great. Jeremy hasn't seen Bride and Prejudice, but he rather enjoyed the lifeguards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never watch a movie like that..SO Cheesy..j/k

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's true that Aishwarya Rai is gorgeous...but I saw Mistress of Spices (or whatever it's called) and it was a little cheese-a-rific. I still liked it, because I am easily entertained (and there's probably some deeper meaning), but it could have used some dancing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails