9.24.2007

THINGS I LEARNED THIS WEEKEND

1. My brother-in-law, Steffen, got his mission call to the Washington D.C. South Mission!

2. My cute sister-in-law, Mette, who just sent her extremely serious boyfriend she had dated for over a year who felt like he was practically family off on his mission to Philadelphia on September 12th already has a new full fledged boyfriend. Wow, that was quick.

3. I really like Burbank. It's a nice little shining spot amidst the mess that is LA. We ate at Porto's Bakery twice. We stayed at a Marriott by the airport which did not look impressive on the outside, but inside, WOW. (We're probably easily impressed.) Our hotel room had a good sized flat screen widescreen television, a big fluffy duvet with lots of pillows, pillow top mattress, toiletries from Bath and Body Works and even bathrobes that Erik was afraid to use because he said those things are never washed.

4. I've decided that I don't need to go out of my way to go to H&M anymore. I hate the Beverly Center in Los Angeles. I don't know if HATE is a strong enough word for that place. Not because it is a bad mall, but because it is 8 stories, the elevator system is awful, there are hardly any escalators and it took us until we left the mall to actually find some stairs. I felt trapped. Erik also brought up the good point that we could get all the same stuff as H&M at Target. I think I liked going there more because it reminded me of living in Europe, than because of the clothes. Plus, their return policy is crap.

5. Wicked was excellent. I'm going to get the soundtrack. The Los Angeles cast was so good that it made me want to avoid touring companies of shows. I wonder how Elphaba keeps that green makeup from rubbing off on other people or clothes.

6. The Tonight Show set looked miniature in real life.

7. As much as I was looking forward to a weekend without Luke, I still woke up at 7:30 a.m. expecting to hear him hollering, "MOMMY!" I missed him too. Other than that, it was still really good to do stuff with just Erik and I. We should try to go on dates without the kid more often.

9 comments:

  1. Such a bummer that you didn't get to sleep in...Mom's never really get a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother-in-law is going to the best mission ever...our mission! If he ever gets transferred to Herndon Ward, we'll keep an eye out for him. Andrew is a ward missionary here, so he gets to know most of the elders that come through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an H & M in the Topanga Mall in Woodland Hills, so not too far from Camarillo. But the mall is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had fun. I can't believe you are going to watch- "dancing with the stars" for three days in a row! (I have always thought that DWTS is the most obnoxious show on t.v.) and its probably a good thing you didn't find anything at H&M and when are you going to post a blog about a certain topic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved H&M in London. Was so excited when they opened stores in the States. Even more excited when my in-laws moved to St. Louis and there is one in the mall down the street from their house. But it was all too much anticipation. I mean, it was okay. But all we bought was a big sparkley pink butterfly clip that my daughter purchased with her own money.

    It's funny to read how you describe Burbank. All I can picture is the neighborhood by the airport (my family always flies in and out of Burbank). My dad grew up in N. Hollywood, so that same part of L.A. and from what I hear, it's turned into a ghetto.

    I watched Leno. Sherri Shepard is pretty funny.

    Congrats to Steffan. Is Richmond, VA in his mission? That's where Brandon's sister lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Porto's!!!!!! I live in Glendale and we have a Porto's. It is the bomb digaity. There is also an H&M close to Burbank. It is in Old town Pasadena on Colorado Blvd. It only has women's clothing, so Erik would luck out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! How did Luke do without you? It seems like every set is mini in real life.. the american idol set? TINY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just curious what Mette's boyfriend's name is in case I run into him here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cristin, Im sure mette is really happy about you once again exploiting her on the net. first you post a pic of her in her bathing suit, then talk about her personal life... yeah dont be surprised when she sues you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails