9.16.2007

IF THIS IS WRONG, THEN I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT

Some of you might remember the struggles I had with getting Luke to drink cow's milk. Up until Friday, I had completely given up. To replace milk, he was drinking keifer, plus eating lots of yogurt and cheese. On Friday I was watching a friend's 6 month old baby. When I gave her a bottle of formula, Luke started going ballistic, so I quickly took an identical bottle and filled it with cow's milk. Voila! He can't get enough of it now! (In fact, he's crying right now because his "ba ba" is empty.) This is so funny to me. Luke has rarely had a bottle during his entire life, so for him to be so obsessed with one right now is really interesting. Maybe he's been jealous of all the other kids for a long time.

Anyway, I don't know if this is right to be giving him a bottle at his age, but I don't care! So, don't you judge me if you see my kid carrying a bottle of milk! He drinks juice and water out of sippy cups. I'm so desperate for him to drink cow's milk. Keifer is good for him, but really expensive, so if this catches on, it could potentially save us $40 a month. No joke.

7 comments:

  1. No judgments here. Man, you do what you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there's anything wierd about a baby his age having a bottle. I just saw a litle girl luke's age sitting next to us in church with a bottle of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey..whatever it takes!! From nursing I weaned Ethan to a bottle - my doctor had a fit, but he was a terror to wean and after 14 months I was tired of nursing. We broke the bottle within 3 months, I don't see him traumatized in any way. Just enjoy the fact that he's drinking milk, you're saving money and LUKE IS HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how human nature is. I think it is great that you discovered a way for you to give him what he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I never told you but we had to figure out when I was weaning that Leyna would only drink hot (obviously not hot enough to burn) cows milk out of a bottle (we only gave her bottles at morning and night). Then we slowly converted the bottles to sippies, and slowly started bringing the temp down so that we barely have to warm it up and she'll drink it. She's actually really into water now and she doesn't drink very much milk anymore (?) but she eats a lot of cheese- so I figure her body knows what its doing. Congrats on finding a solution with Luke- kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to get Chloe off the bottle and I know she doesn't like milk in a sippy cup because she won't drink as much when it's in a bottle. Otherwise she loves sippy cups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just dont put soda in a bottle. yes, there are actually mothers that do that (or even feed their baby soda period) that is sick and wrong

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails