9.13.2007

I GIVE UP!

Luke has been talking a lot lately. For the past few weeks I have been trying to make a movie of him and all his new words. No such luck. Every time I turn on the camera he becomes hypnotized by it and so transfixed that he can’t do anything else but stare or so hi. It is very frustrating. Why doesn’t he understand that I need the best performance possible out of him for my movie?!?!

Since the vision of my movie has been crushed, you'll have to take my word for it. I can't believe how much he says and understands now! I can say things like, "Get in your highchair," "Go show Johnny your toys," "Go get your shoes, we're leaving," or
"Let's go out to the car. We're going bye-bye," and he follows my commands!! Some of his more popular words are:

Bup (means cup, he'll scream this in the middle of dinner when he wants a drink)
Fish (he wants Goldfish crackers)
Kitty Cat
Poopie (He will clutch his diaper and say, "Poopie! Poopie!")
Shoes
Doggie
Baby
Please (When he wants more food.)
Go Bye Bye?
Keys
Hot
'Ight (Points to every light and says this, obviously can't say his L's yet. Poor 'uke 'assen.)

If only he would understand and obey, "Do exactly what I say. Mommy is trying to make a funny movie of you talking." Here are the outtakes from the movie that will never be. He won't stop looking at the camera!! (Forgive me for sounding like a crazy stage mother on this tape. I was becoming frustrated trying to get him to say certain words.)




10 comments:

  1. My daughter has a very large vocabulary, yet she seems to only use it in front of me. I can't get her to talk on the phone or record it either. You are not alone. Annabella says Bup too. I just thought she was weird. Glad to know that the letter "C" is hard for other kids too. She does say her name on command and to my surprise it sounds like her name, I mean it is a long name, Annabella, crazy since she is my first and have nothing to compare it to I thought it would take longer for her say her name, I don't know why I thought this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't what your problem is, I think he's dang cute! But kids never do perform when you really need or want them to, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute... not what you wanted... but so cute. I have the same vision of a video of my 13 month old who knows 10-15 signs. But she doesn't do them all on command either! Darn kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (cristin's mom) I think Luke is darling, even if he won't talk on cue! As far as getting your kids to do what you want them to do when you want them to do it, you might as well get used to it. That NEVER changes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care if he can't speak on cue! He's so cute! Make more videos of him just saying hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute! Don't worry, my kids never do what I want them to for the camera either. But it's so cute when they start talking. Kaitlyn used to call herself "Clayton." I loved it! But isn't it funny how you totally understand your own kid when other people have no idea what they're saying?! I was always amazed by that until I had my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should have named him Brad. Because then if he couldn't pronounce his L's or his R's- his name would be B'ad 'assen. I'm so funny...

    Luke is so cute! I am so excited for the next time I get to see him and play with him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make more movies of him! I have rewatched this one over and over, it makes me smile....Hans loves it too...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails