9.19.2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY... JUST KIDDING


Erik and I have these fantastic plans to celebrate our anniversary this weekend, except that it isn't our anniversary. Our 6 year anniversary is over 2 months away, but this is the only way we were able to justify spending way more money than we ever would on a typical date. Since we do the exact same thing every year to celebrate - go to dinner and a movie - I am really looking forward to the next few days. This will be the first time that both Erik and I have left Luke since he was born. Here's the plan (can you tell I am excited?):

Friday:

Drop Luke off at my sister-in-law, Kirsten's, house
Go eat Korean food in Korea Town
Go to a taping of the Tonight Show (if you watch it Friday night, we'll be the really obnoxious people screaming in the audience)
Go to Wicked
Sleep at a "super fancy" 3 star hotel (we normally stay at 1 star dumps)

Saturday:

Sleep in!!
Go to the Temple
Go to Ikea
Go to H&M
Pick up Luke and go home

So... while I hope that Wicked and the Tonight Show taping will be fun, I CAN NOT wait to sleep in! I can probably count on two hands the amount of times Luke has slept all night without waking up at 5:30 a.m. or any other crazy time, since he was born. (I really took this for granted before I had a kid.) So most of all, this weekend, I just want to be really lazy.

13 comments:

  1. I'm really jealous. Everything sounds so fun, and we still haven't had a night out together since Jackson came home from the hospital. I'd especially love to see Wicked -- I've heard such great things. Well, have fun and enjoy your time away together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful "anniversary" weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want to go to H&M so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked, h&m, Ikea... all I can say is ERIK MUST REALLY LOVE YOU! You two should also stop at Harbor Freight so Erik can get back in touch with his "manly" side after a weekend of shopping and musicals.

    Hope you two have fun! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelley - That's the big secret. Erik loves musicals as much as I do, he's just always afraid to admit it around people. Like when I showed him all those scenes from Hairspray on youtube he really wanted to see it, but he was like, "Don't tell anyone."

    And H&M... I lucked out this weekend because Erik needs new shoes so we'll have to hit a mall (he hates the mall), which I will choose as the Beverly Center because it has an H&M and a store that sells SJP's line, Bitten, that I want to check out. I am so crafty and sneaky, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like so much fun. Last year we did something similar where we stayed at a ultra modern...super nice hotel in Manhattan Beach. I was day dreaming of all the sleep I would get. At 7:30 in the morning Ben and I looked at eachother...we couldn't sleep in more than 1 hour!! I had also tossed and turned all night! I hope that you have better luck sleeping than we did. Your body and mommy instinct might be too used to early rising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun! I also really want to go see Wicked...
    Hey Ashley,
    Lets leave the kids with our husbands then we can go see Wicked together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see wicked so badly! Im jealous. Enjoy sleeping in! I've been waking up at 10 every day and I know thats about to end. Zach loves musicals too, he also really wants to see Hairspray (after watching clips on youtube) So tell erik its okay. Have fun! take pictures and post them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... dinner and a movie EVERY time.. yeah, I think its time you do something different. Hopefully the Jay Leno show will be somewhat "clean" that day and not have some weird guests on. Do you know in advance who will be there? please get me something from H and M!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wait 'till you have two kids. When one sleeps in, the other is gauranteed to wake up early. I can't even count on one hand the number of times they've both slept in. Have fun this weekend. I'll be looking for you in Jay Leno's audience (make sure you go up front and shake his hand when he comes out on stage). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, THANKS Cristin. I'm looking forward to the good nights rest. :-) Ha ha. Actually, minus the sleep problem, which is easy to sacrifice one night for you to have a good nights rest, we are so excited to have LUKE to play with. XOXO Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm watching Leno for you right now. Except we only have bunny ears, we're too cheap for cable and we get way more done with no tv, so if they show an audience shot I totally won't be able to recognize you in all the snow the bunny ears put on NBC.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails