9.12.2007

DON'T HOLD ME DOWN

Last night we were discussing Luke's rebellious attitude and Erik said it reminded him of the song, "Don't Hold me Down." He then started singing it and it was like something I had never heard before, he kept saying, "Oh come on, you know it. It goes, 'Don't Hold me Down..... Bruce! Don't hold me down..... Bruce!" I have searched the internet and found no sign that a song like this even exists. Although, considering Erik's history with messing up the lyrics, maybe he means, "Don't box me in!" I just don't know where he got the Bruce from... anyway. (Speaking of lyrics, I downloaded the application last week to go on the Singing Bee!!)

Last night, Luke fell in the mud right before dinner, and then couldn't get enough of it! I'm happy that he found something to entertain himself.

After dinner, Luke tried to run away from home. Here he is just off the driveway in our cul-de-sac. Luckily, his little bike goes less than 1 mph, so it was really easy to catch him. I have the biggest fear he is going to get hit by a car. I don't think he understands the word "sidewalk" yet.

Luke is getting really tall... tall enough to pull things out of drawers. It is becoming really scary. This morning he pulled 2 forks out and started waving them and running around the house. I quickly snapped this picture and then thought, "What am I doing!!? Put the camera down! He's going to poke his eye out!"

Then he almost did poke his eye out! I went outside to get the mail and he fell head first into a beach chair. It's been a hard morning for Luke.

14 comments:

  1. That is so funny! Bruce? I am thinking of the song- "cant nobody hold me down, oh no, I've got to keep on moving..."

    Luke is so big now- it is hard to think he is still only 1 and can't even form sentences yet because I think of him like he is 5... but he is still just a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beware! Kaitlyn has tried to run away a few times. The first was when Nate went back to work after Gavin was born and she learned for the first time how to open the front door while I was in the middle of feeding Gavin (she was only 20 months old). I've been telling her for a long time now that "cars are owie" so that she'll hold my hand and always stay on the side walk. Start it now and maybe by the time Luke is two, he'll finally understand. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! You need the safety latches for your drawers now! Just wait till he's 2! I can't believe how big he is! I see he is using his binkie now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so I can remember you and megan making up a game at one of your really old apartments, it was like one of you started singing a song and the other one had to finish it, I think you did it with broadway musicals or something. So Megan should go on with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So has child protective services contacted you yet???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh...his little face and eyes in this last picture! It tells it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and about that song Erik couldn't remember? There is an old cowboy song with the words, "Don't fence me in", but the Bruce part I don't know about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOODNESS! I am not looking forward to Lizette moving around. I think she is going to be crawling in a month. I am a little excited, but not really. I know it is just going to make my life harder, but luckily not as hard as yours, quite yet:) gIVE HER A COUPLE MORE MONTHS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im so glad you finally came to your senses that he is "rebellious", not just "spirited". ha just kidding. I think you might have you lock in a padded room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The song is "Don't Bring Me Down" by ELO (Electric Light Orchestra). Glad to be of service.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I recognized that song by ELO from music my dad used to play in our house. I feel proud of myself. Wow - I can't believe how tall Luke is! Carson just barely started only taking one nap now and he's all of a sudden turned into an ultra "spirited" child. I seriously want to throw him out a window and then jump myself. And it's only been 5 days of it. I have tons of respect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cristin, Larry knows that song and sings it sometimes too! Weird, huh? ...and Luke is so cute and huge! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just looked up the lyrics- and it's "don't fence me in, grose"

    so I guess he mistaked "grose" for "bruce"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails