9.17.2007

DEAR DANICA


Dear Danica,


Pursuant to your request,
here is a post about Vanessa Hudgens.

Love, Cristin

I have actually thought a lot about writing something regarding the big "High School Nude-ical" scandal. For those of you that don't read People magazine or watch Fox News, Vanessa (the clean cut Gabriella from High School Musical) sent a picture of her naked self to some Disney television star when she was 15. Supposedly this photo of her is popping up all over the internet, I haven't searched for the photo, so I don't really know, but that's what I hear.

My thoughts are that this is why you don't put any actor or actress up on a pedestal. Just don't do it. Not Anne Hathaway, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron, Miley Cyrus, Clarissa Knows it All, the Small Wonder girl, Dakota Fanning, WHOEVER your person du jour may be.... just don't think they are better than they are because they do some really wholesome teen musical filmed in St. George, Utah.

Star Magazine reported that Vanessa put these pictures out there herself to change her wholesome image, but they aren't the most reliable source, so I'll choose not to believe that rumor.

On one hand I think, "Hey, she made a dumb mistake. She was 15." But then on the other hand, what 15 year old does something like this? I know I lived a somewhat sheltered life, but I didn't think this was that common of a practice for 15 year olds to be sending naked photos of themselves to Disney stars. If I ever meet Zac Efron I will ask him if this is common, because if anyone on the Disney channel were to receive racy photos, it is probably him or maybe the boys from the Suite Life of Zack and Cody get some too. Who knows anymore!?

15 comments:

  1. Cristin, you make it seem like these pictures of her were sent to a complete stranger- like she was an obsessed fan who sent them to her crush. she sent them to Zac! and yes, it is sad, because now we all know she is not the innocent girl we had all hoped, but at the same time- she is not out getting dui's, she is not being found with cocaine, this was a picture that was meant for her boyfriend Zac. Obviuosly we have grown up with much different believes than them and would never have dreamt of sending nude pics of ourselves to someone, but I think it is unfair to say she is a bad person because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Suite Life of Zac and Cody is the worst show in the history of television programming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley -

    She sent them to a guy named Drake Bell...NOT Zac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not a good idea to take pictures of yourself naked if you don't want people to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay so I totally didn't know that - really good information. I kinda look at her differently now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that some other young actor from either a Disney show or nickelodeon show posted these pics... anyway never heard that it was herself

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW.. cristin this blog entry is kind of "not like you", we will just say

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is kind of lame and kind of creepy at the same time. A 15 year old sending nude photos of herself? Yuck.

    Yuck.

    Yuck.

    Oh did you hear? Bright Eyes has been cast to play Edward in MTV's adaptation of "Twilight."

    ReplyDelete
  9. jake's lying by the way. he just wants publicity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, she sent them to that Drake guy before she was famous...a complete stranger. And, since we're talking about high school drama - he said that he never received the phots so there was a rumor that she sent said photos to more than one person. Weird. I'm with you Cristin, what 15-year-old does that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay- well in that case... WHAT A WEIRDO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your right about holding people on a pedestal. I'm was crushed that Kevin Federline turned out the way he did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you are surprised by this behavior, then you haven't been on MySpace lately. Neither have I, but I hear its bad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails