7.22.2007

TO CATCH A PREDATOR

The other night, Erik and I spent some good quality time together watching Dateline NBC's "To Catch a Predator." If you're not familiar with this show, you should be. I don't know anyone who hasn't seen this show before, but just in case you need an explanation... these people called "Perverted Justice" have a twenty-something girl posing as a young teen who lures older men to her house for sex. Then the idiot guy goes to the house and Chris Hansen, from Dateline, shows up to question them.

It's a little like American Idol in that every episode is the same. The offender shows up. Chris Hansen sounds like a broken record because he always says, "I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC." The "predator" makes excuses why he is there. Then the predator leaves the house and gets apprehended by the police. I don't know what's scarier - the fact that there appears to be an endless supply of men setting up appointments for sex with teenagers or how dumb these "predators" are. The other night, one of the predators said, "I watch the show all the time. I think I secretly wanted to be on this show." Another predator asked Chris Hansen for a ride home! It's a little like a car accident on the freeway in that you feel awful for these people and disgusted at what they are doing, but at the same time, must keep watching.

Tonight they are doing, "To Catch an Identity Thief." I really hope that one day they will do "To Catch a Guy Posing as a Nigerian Prince Trying to Take All Your Money Out of Your Account Through an Email Scam."

Here is a clip from Conan O'Brien's Emmy Opener last year. The "To Catch a Predator" part is at the end, but well worth the wait. This will give you a good idea of how the show rolls if you have never seen it.



5 comments:

  1. You seriously always find the best videos!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hilarious! It's funny you and Erik watch that show together because Zach and I are always watching it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really funny - thanks for providing our entertainment always. Just seeing the set of The Office makes the longing for Season 4 increase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so funny!!!! And I can't believe how many people say that they've watched the show 'to catch a predator' and thought that tonight was a set-up, or that they weren't going to do anything, just make sure the girl was alright etc. etc... I did like the different scene the other night at the beach.

    I also feel a little bad for them because they have totally ruined their lives, but more so for their families because it's hurt them as well, but I say hey they made a very bad choice and hope they get some jail time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cristin! I don't know if you remember me, but we were in Camarillo singles ward together... You're blog is so funny!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails