7.11.2007

OUR CRIB IS A DEATH TRAP

Typically, Luke wakes up between 5 and 6 a.m. every morning, so I didn't think anything of it when I heard him screaming early today. When I went into his room, his legs were lodged between the crib bars. His left leg came easily unstuck, but our son (the contortionist) had twisted his right leg out and back in between the bars with his foot stuck almost underneath the mattress. I started to panic after 5 minutes of gently pulling at it and finally woke Erik up, who calmly got it right out. Luke's foot is a little bruised, but he'll be fine.

Ever since I took the bumper off
, he's been getting all sorts of body parts stuck between the bars, but nothing as bad as this morning. Our crib days are seriously numbered. I just need to baby proof his room (baby lock his dresser drawers so he can't climb into them and anchor it to the wall) before I put him in a "big boy" bed. Or there is always this option...



9 comments:

  1. Hahaha. . . Do they make one for husbands, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Where did you find that? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carson is 20 months old and I still have his bumper on his crib. I bought one of those breathable bumpers way back when we was little and the few times I tried to take it off and would get limbs stuck. So I figure it's going to stay on until he gets a bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its time for a mattress on the floor surrounded by baby gates

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever thought about a big corrugated box for Luke to sleep in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Kelley. You should just get a mattress and place it on the floor in the middle of the bedroom. The just take out all of the furniture out of the room as well. Then he can't hurt himself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie - I have this book called "Mommie Knows Worst" that has pictures of really bad ideas from the past century. I would see if you can find it at the library. It is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do you find this stuff? (Oh, I just read your comment.) I still submit that you can tie Luke down. My grandma did it to me and I turned out normal...okay, just kidding. Don't tie him down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting scarred. Some of the things you post, Chloe has done similar things but a light version. I think it's only going to get worse.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails