7.05.2007

HOME FROM ARIZONA

Some random observations about our trip to Arizona this last week:

1. If traveling with a baby, leave either early in the morning or late at night. This way the baby will sleep and driving is actually kind of fun.

2. Another way to make driving fun is to download "This American Life" broadcasts onto your iPod or burn them to cd's. I am an even bigger fan of the show after these car trips. They make the trip go by really fast.

3. Arizona is FREAKING hot. They had a heat advisory in effect while we were there. I don't feel a difference though between 105 and 115 degrees. It was fun going to Costco with my mom. As we left the store and went out to the car, my mom acted like the food was going to melt and was screaming to put it in these "cold" bags as quickly as possible. Then again, in 115 degree weather, I'd probably be the same way. Erik also noticed that at church, people were going out to the cars an hour before the meetings ended to turn on their air conditioning for the drive home.

4. I really like swimming.

5. My parents are great. They were so accommodating to us. They rearranged their house to baby proof it, along with putting up tons of gates and baby locks. My mom even bought the kind of food Luke likes to eat. It was just a really nice place to be and Luke slept surprisingly well while we were there.

Now for the random pictures!

Erik celebrating his 29th birthday!


Luke in Erik's sunglasses.
We need to get him a pair of his own.

Erik, his brother Steffen, and my dad went shooting in the desert with Erik's new rifle. They lasted about 30 minutes because they forgot to bring water.

Steffen posing with the rifle.

We spent the majority of our time at the community pool in my parents' neighborhood. It was ideal for children. The pool was very shallow and had lots of fun slides and water "toys." I can't believe the kind of amenities my parents get for their low homeowners association fees. It's almost enough to make me want to move to Goodyear.

My Dad and Luke going down a slide.

Luke loved to splash in the water, especially when the bigger kids would splash near him. While at the pool a 3 year old befriended Luke and they started up a conversation. After a few minutes the 3 year old looked at my mom and said, "I don't understand him. What is he saying?"

7 comments:

  1. Even if you do get Luke his own sunglasses, he'll still look for Erik's. I love the last picture of Luke in the water -- he looks so buff and manly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing! Is Luke on the juice? It must be all the running and climbing he does... he looks ripped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my son, are you suprised? Sheesh. Oh, and FYI the gun is a Mossberg 500 shotgun, not a rifle. I keep telling Cristin I'll buy her a gun so that she will come shoot with me, but for some reason she is suspicious that it is just a ploy to get another gun. I keep trying to tell her that it will promote family unity...family that plays (shoots) together, stays together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the blog and the pictures from Arizona. I can never see enough pictures...especially of my children and grandchildren....and I would love to see my daughter in laws :-} I know, I'm the photo taker at our house now too, Cristin. You need to post some with you in them.
    I'm so glad we got to see you on the 4th for the afternoon and evening...thanks for spending it with us. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I was going to comment on how Luke's baby muscles are so cute, but I can see I am not the only one who thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I was thinking the same thing about luke! he looks so buff! How fun! I can't wait to see you all there! At the same time, I am sooo dreading the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catlin,
    FYI, Utah is hotter then Tehachapi.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails