7.23.2007

EXCUSE ME IF THIS IS GROSS, BUT I LIVE WITH A BOY

Since I have all sisters, being married, i.e., living with a boy, was a whole new experience for me. Some select things I have learned about boys during the past 5 years of marriage:

1.
Boys think farting is hilarious. If we are watching a movie, no matter how lame that movie is, Erik will think it is cool if it has farting in it.

2.
Boys think burping is an art form. Erik is very proud of the fact that he can burp the alphabet. (I must be proud too, because I am mentioning it on my blog.)

3.
Boys bond by farting and burping together. We had a couple over for the first time recently and within 10 minutes, Erik and the other husband were talking about and, actually, farting, while the wife and I sat there awkwardly, very awkwardly. Erik also says he knew he would be great friends with Tyler Barton the time Tyler farted while we were all in the car and then locked the windows. Candace and I were going to throw up, but Tyler and Erik thought it was "freaking awesome."

Last night while I was doing some ExpoTV reviews, Erik was trying to be obnoxious, I mean, uh, funny. (I'm leaving all his noises in when I upload my reviews, its not like anyone really watches them.) I always say, "Why didn't you do this (think farting was so funny) before we were married? What happened?" I actually think he did do this before we were married, but I was just so in "goo goo ga ga" love that I didn't notice. I am still in love with him, but the ability to block raunchy smells has unfortunately lifted.


11 comments:

  1. I really am sick of my job blocking YouTube! Anyway...the rest is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I said to Vak, "Do you know what sentence I feel I say way too often everyday? Don't fart on me!!!"

    That video is sooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...Zack is as bad as the rest of them. It's so sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say, I don't ever remember passing gas around my children or wife. A matter of fact I don't even like say the word fart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to my husband, it was a relief not to hold it in anymore once we were married. So I had no idea until it was too late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erik! Some things never change! Cristin you knew what you were getting into when you married him, right? I remember how many times he did that at our house when we were roomies. The smell would make me want to vomit sometimes...awwww the memories! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I find the video clip to be disgusting, I had to get Josh to watch it. He was laughing really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That didn't even sound like a fart it sounded like someone dropped something real heavy. This is probably TMI but Drew's grandma's farts sound like marbles dropping on a tile floor. I wish I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just FYI, Those were all my Arm... if only I was cool enough to actually fart 3 times, that big in one minute... that would be the ultimate...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails