7.24.2007

DEFINITELY NOT READY FOR THEME PARKS



Yesterday, I put Luke in one of those little coin operated cars in front of the supermarket. He loved sitting in the car and making
vroom vroom noises with the steering wheel, until I put the quarters in and the thing started actually moving. He screamed like a banshee! I left him in there for a minute, thinking he would calm down, but it just got worse. As I was standing there watching my child scream bloody murder, a group of firemen walked past me. One stopped and said, "You're a bad mother" and smiled. I said, "Yes, I am a very bad mother." Isn't it funny how universal sarcasm is - even between perfect strangers? (Let's assume he was being sarcastic or I am totally offended!)

The good news is that this little experience means we won't be heading to Disneyland anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. maybe you should get in the car with him next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just save your money and let him make the sound effects.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails