6.04.2007

PIRATES 3


We saw Pirates of the Carribean 3 over the weekend. Please, I beg, no more Pirates movies. You are slowly and painfully killing what used to be an entertaining franchise.


SPOILER ALERT.

I read on IMDB that they started shooting Pirates 3 before the end was written. Oh, really? Remind me not to ever do that when I make my little movies or you will end up with a really long movie that is all over the place. I was so confused. I kept looking at my watch. I lost focus. I would lean over to Erik and say stuff like, "Hey, we need to remember to feed Ditte's rabbits tonight."

2 hours and 45 minutes is too long for a confusing movie. The only movies that should be allowed to be that long are the Sound of Music, Gone with the Wind and the 3rd Lord of the Rings. I thought at the beginning it would be good, but then it just went on and on and on. I didn't find the multiple Jack Sparrow "dream sequences" enjoyable and I was mad that Orlando Bloom took Davy Jones' job. Keira Knightley sure ages well though (referring to the last scene). Having loved the first movie (and the Disneyland ride), I will just focus on that, and try to pretend that Pirates 3 never happened.

2 comments:

  1. This weekend Vak and I watched Spiderman 3. It was okay, but also REALLY long. They definitly could have made it much better by just tweaking a little things in the story line. I have NO DESIRE what-so-ever to watch Pirates 3 after I heard it was almost 3 hours long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i totally agree. I was doing the same thing. Taking of ever opportunity to use the restroom or voluntaring to refill the popcorn. Wow no one wonder the movie's ending sucked.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails