6.08.2007

AFFORDABLE CLOTHING



If you haven't figured it out already, I am really cheap. For example, when I go to the Children's Place Outlet, I only buy stuff that is less than $3. I rarely buy anything that isn't on clearance and it is usually pretty evident from my clothes. I am one of those people who buy stuff that I wouldn't wear normally just because it is a good sale. Not the best shopping strategy, but it puts clothes on my back. It also causes me to dress kind of funny sometimes. (Just ask my husband.)

This is really exciting to me: I saw the new clothing line "Bitten" by Sarah Jessica Parker today. Not being the most fashion conscious person in the world, I usually don't care about new clothing lines (Kate Moss, who?), but this one caught my attention because no piece is over $20!! Even the shoes I saw were under $10! How ironic that SJP, famous for her $500 Manolo Blahnik's, is attaching herself to such an affordable line. I'm not a big SJP fan, I kind of find her irritating and Erik thinks she looks like a man, but maybe I will find a way to love her now that she has such cheap clothes for sale. Supposedly the quality is great. Heck, I love Target and H&M clothes, so how can her stuff be any worse? Anyway, I can't wait to try it out. Here is the website with store locations.

8 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I am the queen of clearance too. I saw the clothing line on Oprah, it was surprisingly modest too.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Steve & Barry's here in Ohio. Maybe I should stop in there now to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the clothing line on Oprah as well. I am sad that they don't have a website to order it from the web. I don't really feel like driving to LA with a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was on the Today show, too. I'm all about bargains. I buy nothing that isn't "cheap". But I think it would cost me more to drive to Colorado or somewhere to get the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, to be able to watch Oprah...I had never heardo of the line, and chances are you can't find it here anyway. Oh, to be back in San Francisco where they have three H&M's in less than one square mile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, there's a Steve & Barry's here near Philly and I'll be making a trip sometime! I can't wait to check this line out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Garage sales are still the best place to find cheap clothes. I like the ones where you just rummage through big piles of clothes laying in the front yard!

    Cristin, do you know these people who are leaving comments?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's right Charles. Cristin should have been with me this morning here in Brookings. Saw some really good bargains especially for children's clothes...not too sure about young adult's clothes but if she likes to rumage through piles of clothes I'm sure she could find a cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails