5.31.2007

WHEN YOUR SPOUSE IS HOTTER THAN YOU



Erik and I read this hilarious article the other day. When we finished it, we looked at each other and said, "Who's the ugly one?" Then we graciously played this game of, "Oh, I'm the ugly one, you're hotter." It went back and forth, back and forth, until finally I was like "FORGET IT! I am posting this on my blog and maybe someone out there can tell us who is hotter... "
JUST KIDDING, please, I beg, no comments of, "Yeah, you're hotter." or "You're way too ugly for your husband."


The point is, we all know these "scummy-yummy" couples, but we rarely acknowledge the fact because that is just plain mean. I personally knew an "interfacial" couple and the only thing I ever heard anyone someone say that was remotely close to being rude was my father's comment: "There will be many blessings in heaven for that man." We nodded in agreement and that was that.

Joanne Woodard wisely said of her 49 year plus marriage to Paul Newman, "Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades... But to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat."


Then there are those couples where one begins "esthetically" challenged, but improves over time (see Johnny and his wife Mahana "You Ugly" Lingo, Eliza Doolittle and Henry Higgins or the kids in "She's All That.") However, you will notice that all the couples listed in this category are fictional, because in reality all looks go downhill after marriage. (
Of course, my marriage is the exception to this rule. I love you, honey!)

I will finish this post with these pearls of wisdom:

But if you make an ugly woman your wife
You'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ugly woman cooks your meals on time
An she'll always give you peace of mind

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So from my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

Don't let your friends say you have no taste
Go ahead and marry anyway
Though her face is ugly and her eyes don't match
Take it from me she's a better catch

4 comments:

  1. I love it! We had a couple come in the other day who was this way and I wondered...but you could tell the "hot" one just adored the "esthetically challenged" one! It was kind of heart warming...especially since the hot one was male...which does not happen all that often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tell you about how hot Erik is, but you specifically asked me not to. But if I WERE going to say something, I don't know if it would be, "Erik is so hot that he is technically 'hott,' with two Ts," or, "On a scale of one to ten, Erik's a fourteen-point-six [licks thumb, sticks it to rear, makes hissing noise]."

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha Ha Zach and I read the article and started doing the same thing!(who's hotter) But you know what it doesn't really matter who's hotter now, we'll all be perfected someday right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of trophy wives. I am all for a nerdy-looking guy with a hot wife (but only if it isn't driven by money).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails