5.03.2007

STORYTIME

I don't know what was I thinking when I decided to take Luke to Storytime at the Tehachapi Library this morning. In retrospect it was probably more for me to have an excuse to leave the house. It's raining today and I want Luke to start interacting with other kids more.

Luke spent the whole time doing these flying "cougar-like" leaps onto the other kids who were sitting nicely on their carpet squares listening to the story. When he wasn't attacking the other children he was attacking the story lady, pulling books off the shelves, crawling onto the book cart, trying to push the book cart, and trying to push their chairs everywhere. How do I teach discipline to a 10 month old? I want him to be able to play well with other children, but maybe he's too young for that? It was a little disheartening for me because I want so badly for him to be able to have friends. We probably won't be back to Storytime for a few more years.

1 comment:

  1. When we started at library storytime, out oldest was three and it was perfect for her. Little brother, however, was only under 18 months and it was a nightmare for a few months. I'm happy to say that they now, happily sit and listen to the stories... some of the time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails