5.15.2007

MY FAVORITE SHOWS REVISTED

I have a love-hate relationship with the television. For example, we only have the $12 basic cable package with 15 channels because I am afraid that if we get the 60 channel package I will never be able to turn it off. This way I don't watch so much television because I am very limited in my viewing choices. The problem was, I used to waste a lot of time in the past watching stupid shows. (I said USED TO.) Case in point - here are two of my past favorites:


The premise of Small Wonder (for those who totally missed out) was that this guy built a robot that looked like a 10 year old girl to help handicapped children. The guy brings the robot home to live with them. Genius. I thought the acting was great. Jamie was funny. The neighbor was HILARIOUS.


Ah yes, ALF. He ate cats and had a girlfriend named Wanda. The reruns of this show are painful for me to watch, but I loved every minute of it. What was wrong with me?! To this day, every time I hear this Bob Seger song, I think of ALF.

8 comments:

  1. Cristin...I am loving your blog. I feel a little obsessed. Anyway, I loved Small Wonder. Who didn't???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! I didn't know that he built the small wonder to help handicapped children! I just remember loving the show especially because she had a brother named Jamie and at the same time. . . totally weird show thinking about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had totally forgotten about "Small Wonder"! I still love ALF, though. For a while in our first apartment, we would watch reruns of ALF and tape them for my older brother. It's no wonder you don't spend so much time watching TV anymore -- sitcoms just aren't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cristin...where was I during those years? I never watched Alf; and Small Wonder...maybe a couple times. What years were these playing?
    Now if you go back to the '70s...there was great TV! My all time favorite while I was in HS was the "Waltons"! Anyone surprised at that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I've been wondering the same thing about "where have all those great sitcoms gone" like TGIF. That was a weekly ritual at our house. I ordered on Netflix Hannah Montana re-run's and other new hit Disney movies/shows (for my kids of course ha ha) and decided just this afternoon as we were watching Hannah Montana that indeed the GREAT sitcom's have moved to the disney channel. You should check them out. Cristin, I think it would give you chills. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small wonder was my FAVORITE. I was flipping through the channels and "Thank God Your Here" was on, I shouted to Tyler- That is Harriet's mother from Small Wonder. Tyler & I talked about how much we loved that show- That conversation brought our marriage to a whole other level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay... so I totally loved "Small Wonder." And my whole family was obsessed with "Alf." I had an Alf birthday. I'm serious. My mom baked an Alf cake, I wore an Alf shirt, I had a talking Alf stuffed animal. I think my dad liked the show as much as I did. I may have to hunt down a picture of me with my Alf cake and scan it in for you. Plus, I just saw that it is available on dvd in the kids section of our library... although it might just be the Saturday morning kids animated version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cristin, Cristin, Cristin. "Small Wonder" was probably the stupidest show ever produced for TV next to "Mork and Mindy"! The little ginger kid neighbor should have been shot just for being a ginger kid, let alone for being one of the most obnoxious characters ever created. I must admit that I did watch it on occasion, kinda like when you drive by a horrible accident and you just have to slow down and look. The funniest episode I saw was when the little boy dressed up as the girl. It wasn't funnny because of the "snappy" dialogue, but because he REALLY looked and sounded like a little girl. I bet he'll never live that down.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails