5.12.2007

A BAD SITUATION


While I was at the Young Women's Car Wash for Girls Camp this morning, Luke fell off the changing table. Erik said he did a head plant right off the table on to the diaper genie and then the floor. (Erik said he was standing next to Luke trying to catch him on the way down.) Anyway, I have been pretty scared for the last five hours because Luke was so subdued... he sat on my lap without squirming during the car wash (not normal) and then took a three hour nap (so not normal). But... he seems happy and okay now. As our friend Zach Madden once said, "You have to burn to learn, son, grab a log!" Hopefully, this will teach Luke to stop trying to dive off the changing table.

8 comments:

  1. wow. poor kid! he does look subdued. He needs a leash for the table,... or a seat belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like you just rescued him from the wilderness, where he was lost for days without food and water and had to fight off the bears to survive. Poor kid. Luckily his head is built like his dad's- rock solid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he didn't break any bones like Kirsten did at his exact age when she fell off her changing table and broke her ankle!
    Thank goodness kids are so resiliant. Hopefully Luke will learn...but I hate to tell you he'll probably have a lot more "owies" before he's through toddlerhood!. Poor baby....he's still so dang cute...I just want to kiss him!
    Love gramma Lassen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor little guy. Jake fell off the bed the other day right as I turned my back. It happened so fast. I felt terrible and told my mom what happened. She said, "brittany kids fall. Thats life." Cool thanks mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's with these kids and falling off changing tables? Poor Luke ended up with some battle wounds, though. It will be SO fun for you to tell the million people that ask what happened to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor guy! You better be careful though, someone that sees that poor face may call child services about a beaten kid they saw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you quoted my husband in your blog - it shows off our excellent parenting skills ;). We have very similar pictures of Hayden at that age - funny thing, he was in his father's care when it happened. Poor Luke, those are some serious battle wounds. He's resilient, and with dare-devil Erik as his dad you better get used to bumps and bruises.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cristin!! I cant believe this!! Do you know HOLD your baby while you are changing him!??? Ahhhahhhh... alright I will just bite my tonge

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails