4.29.2007

LUKE THE INSOMNIAC


I have decided that in addition to considering religion, education, and one's family when choosing a former spouse, you should also question your potential mate's parents about his or her temperament as a baby. Luke is CRAZY! Both my parents and Erik's are like, "Yup, you were both nuts as kids too." I really don't know what to compare him to. Maybe he is a mild mannered kid and and I just don't know any better.

This weekend was psychotic. Luke refused to go to bed until 1 a.m. on Friday night and midnight on Saturday. He just wanted to play. He would laugh and literally jump in his crib like a monkey. When I would take him out of his crib he would crawl like he was on speed for hours, going through every toy he owned like some crazed lunatic. Then he crawled into the kitchen and pushed all the dining room chairs every which way showing no sign of fatigue. I am not exaggerating. I kept going through my day in my mind... did I give him sugar, did I eat sugar, did he take a late nap? When I would try to put him to sleep he just wanted to play peek-a-boo, throw things and jump. If I wasn't sick and alone, I might have thought it was funny. Maybe.

On Friday night at midnight I wanted to die and didn't know how I was going to do it by myself another 2 nights. I just felt so sick and tired. What a miracle that on Saturday afternoon my parents surprised me by coming to visit for the weekend - a real answer to my prayers.


We have deep kitchen cupboards.

5 comments:

  1. Wow he is an active little guy! I am sure it was wonderdul surprise to see your parents especailly since you are sick. I haven't been sick since Jake was born so I can only imagine how horrible that would be, I know my day will come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, do those cupboards ever end? He looks like he's tunneling through them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's definitely on the crazy-active side of kids, I'd say. I'm sorry you're sick and I hope you get better soon...and that Luke settles down at night for you. Crazy kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristin, Luke was so much fun. I can't wait to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luke seems like a crazy one! I feel bad for you being left alone while you're sick with an active baby on the loose. It's so hard to watch Macie all day by myself even when I'm not sick because at this age all you're doing is chasing them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails